Very heavy monthly bleeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-18-2010, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a copper IUD last June and I LOVE having truly dependable non-hormonal birth control. I love it except for each month during my period, because its very heavy now. It lasts anywhere from 6-9 days, with several of those days being heavy enough to soak through a super-tampon every 3 hours or so. Sometimes I pass small blood clots, too. My cramps were really, really awful the first few months after getting it, and now they're not any worse than they ever were but my flow is still so heavy. Is there anything I can do to reduce it? I try to be sure to get extra iron in my diet around my period and I get more sleep because my main PMS symptom is fatigue... but is there anything else I can do? I don't want to have the IUD removed - it was quite an investment and I really, really want to keep it for 10 years so that its cost-effective. Plus I like not having to "do" anything about birth control now! I don't want to be on hormonal BC anymore, I'm super fertile so spermicide isn't a good option, DH doesn't like condoms, and I don't like charting - I did it and found it very effective, but I hate abstaining during my fertile times.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#2 of 3 Old 05-19-2010, 02:58 AM

You may not like my reply and I say it with love...

Maybe you should not have it in, your body may be telling you something. I hope things get better.

I use natural family planning and it works perfect for me.

xoxoxox

#3 of 3 Old 05-19-2010, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

NFP worked great for me as far as being effective, but I am not willing to make the quality of life sacrifice it requires. I hate having to abstain for the 10 days a month my sex drive is the highest.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page