possible recurring tonsillitis in 2 year old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-30-2010, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I may have finally put 2 and 2 together....my just-turned 2 yr old ds has had this occur approx. once a month since the winter - he'll seem to be coming down with something (often when someone else in the family has caught a cold) and then will have fairly high fevers (anywhere from 100 to 103) along with VERY swollen lymph glands in his neck and an unwillingness to eat. I've noticed that even when the virus is pretty minor in my other son, myself or dh, he will have this same reaction each time. A friend mentioned the possibility of tonsillitis, which after googling it seems that he fits the description to a T.

So I may go ahead and get a throat culture done to see if it's bacterial, but I'm pretty sure it would be due to viral infections. Is there any way I can reduce or prevent this from happening each time he catches something? I do everything I know to do to boost his immune system: vitamin D3 drops, probiotics, fish oil, and a very healthy, balanced diet. We also don't vax.

I read about natural home remedies for tonsillitis but for a 2 yr old most of them would be difficult to manage, like gargling, or he would flat-out refuse, like lime juice, garlic, turmeric, etc. I'm wondering if there are any other suggestions out there?

Thanks,

Jennifer (mom to Leo, 4.5 yrs and Julian, 2 yrs)
#2 of 2 Old 05-31-2010, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wish I knew, but I really don't have any idea.

Just here to express support and hope things improve and you figure out your little man's problem. Sounds scary!

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page