Yeast Infections - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-06-2010, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD1 (5) has been prone to yeast infections (vaginal) since birth (which I've blamed on the 4 doses of penicillin we were given in labor). We've tried topical creams, which seem to help the symptoms subside, but she's still very prone to them (and often is just a little bit ... smelly). I've mentioned it to her pediatrician several times & he just brushes it off. I'm not sure where to go from there.

Dr-Mom and SAHD extraordinnaire. DD1 (5), DD2 (3), MMC 04/10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-06-2010, 01:01 AM

My daughter was always prone to yeast infections. My doctor at the time told me it was unusual for young girls to get them, so he did nothing.

She was "damaged" and was fed with a tube. So, I began adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to her daily diet. It helped wonderfully and I was able to get it under control. I also had to cut out more fruits from her diet and add more veggies.

So, perhaps adding some ACV to your daughter's diet and reducing breads and fruit might help.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#3 of 5 Old 06-06-2010, 01:17 AM

Acidophoulous/probiotics. You can get them in powdered form to mix w/ food, or tablets. I've also heard to mix the apple cider vinegar in the bath water, and to avoid bubble baths or similar.

Do a google search for 'systemic yeast' for more ideas - if she's getting them that often, that's possibly why.
#4 of 5 Old 06-06-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mran View Post
Acidophoulous/probiotics. You can get them in powdered form to mix w/ food, or tablets. I've also heard to mix the apple cider vinegar in the bath water, and to avoid bubble baths or similar.

Do a google search for 'systemic yeast' for more ideas - if she's getting them that often, that's possibly why.
Yes probiotics and also maybe cut sugar out of her diet.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#5 of 5 Old 06-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moving to Health and Healing

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page