homeopathic cina, tapeworms, and will they really go away when there is no work left to do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2010, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so my 1.5 y.o. and my 6.5 y.o. (and probly my 4.5 yo and dh but i havent seen theirs) have worms i think tape worms. i have read the whole pinworm thread and i totally get the idea that they are here to do a job and will go away when the job is done. but i am not sure what to do. i am not so interesting in modifying our diet further (me the baby and the 4.5 y.o. are gfcf, and the 6.5 yo is wheat free and dairy free except butter).

the thing is they are so gross!!!!!!!! but in terms of symptoms not so bad. they baby had diarea for a while and i didnt know why then i saw a worm in his diaper and understood why, i gavce him some oil of oregano and some neem oil that first day and i rub his belly with eo and he still wasnt regular for a few days but now his bowels are amazing! my dd1 who is 6.5 has homeopathic remedy that we have been working with for a few years - silicea. she had symptoms right b4 i found the worms for like a week she me and dh had pimples on our tongues and what seemed like oral thrush. i could not understand why at this point in our healing we were fgetting oral thrush. i treated it with a topical herbal preparation and with the anti thrush cream. dd's bowels were also quite unformed at the time. but the symptoms are now gone she also had some neem once. and she takes enzymes usually 1 x a day. (since the worms she started - she has taken them in the past). i dont know how her bowels are these days b/c they sink to the bottom of the toiled where i cant see them. i also redonsed her since the worms with her remedy. and she just seems to be doing so well emotionally. for the 2 of them i dont know if i should give the cina i have 200c or if it will throw them off balance. will add more about me later cant type so good now. thanks for advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

wow, no one posting?

so me again

so the thing is with dd1 is she is doing awesome emotionally, but she has worms and her bowells are not normal, she feels she has to go and they dont come, when they come they are the consistency of playdough and really dificult to push out. but maybe that is just where she needs to be. i dont know. maybe i should up her to the 10M of her remedy? but i would want to wait a few weeks at least.

with me i up upping my remedy phytolacca to cm. my stomach has been all weird for like a month and yesterday my breast started getting engorged and hard and now i have a milk pimple soooo.... hopefully that will help me.

the thing is if someone does not have the crankyness and other worms symptoms, will the cina even help?

okay and if i am not altering diet will they really ever finish their "work?" we eat pretty healthy. i just feel nervous about not doing anything. anything outside of what we usually do that is. i could do herbs or garlic suppositories, but beyond that. i am not switching us to raw or no sugar or something.

any out there?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 AM

Do you really mean a tapeworm, or do you mean pinworms?

If I were dealing with any kind of parasite issue at all, I would definitely at least do no sugar.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

i think i mean pin worms yeah i am sure i do.

thanks for replying momofmine.

but i already said that more dietary changes are not practical for us. i dont want to be off putting, but i am thinking that if you saw that i wasn't really interested to do more dietary changes and wrote that anyway you must have some information or other really good reason for sugesting that. would you mind sharing? i am not really able to eliminate sugar from our diet and i dont feel the need or want to get in to explanations, so if you don't either, i totally understand.

-gila
Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 AM

You seem surprised that nobody is answering... so I thought I would share why I read your post, left it, and then came back.

Worms freak me out. Simply put, I would use mainstream medicine or whatever it took to get rid of them right away.

I have not ever heard of "keeping them around until they do their job" .... pinworms are not naturally in our systems.

I'm not sure if you just want support for keeping them...?? But I thought you might want to hear one reason people aren't answering.

Good luck mama.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

happymama thanks for your friendly comment. i totally agree with you that worms in my tush are icky, but so is the taste of sodium ascorbate. it is still helpful. here is a link to the pinworm thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=pinworm
there is alot of info there on different options of how to treat the body in the rpresence of parasitic worms. notice i said treat the body, not treat the worms. there are alot of people on mdc who take the view that imbalances (presented as illnesses -chronic and accute - allergies infection and infestations) occur for a reason and can tell us something abt what is going on in our bodies. the question is do you eat a worm killing product and then likely to be faced with repeated infestations or let them run their course supporting the body in crouding them out and allowing them to eat up toxins that may be in our systems. i have not read all the links in the original thread but there alot. most are from mainstream medical world about the benefits - YES! - worms in your system.

i am fine with our decision, but would like more info on homeopathy - using cina vs continuing with out constitutionals - in the worm situation.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:16 PM

gilamama,
Silica is also excellent for worms. IF you feel that is her constitutional remedy (as in she does well on it and you see changes when it's administered) I would personally dose at 30C every day. You can, of course determine how you want to proceed, but I'm not convinced that you need to move to cina based on what you are saying. I would not personally go to a 10M.

Hope that helps in some way.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:19 PM

what I would also put out there (and not to start an argument or devalue your choices) is that even Hahnemann said that in the absence of a healthy diet there is only so much that a remedy can do. It cannot (nor should it) override errors in diet. That said *IF* there's something about your diet that got you here and you have no interest in changing that then you may be better off with a different approach. I respect your decision, just trying to give full disclosure. I also have no idea what your diet looks like, so this may have no merit at all.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
what I would also put out there (and not to start an argument or devalue your choices) is that even Hahnemann said that in the absence of a healthy diet there is only so much that a remedy can do. It cannot (nor should it) override errors in diet. That said *IF* there's something about your diet that got you here and you have no interest in changing that then you may be better off with a different approach. I respect your decision, just trying to give full disclosure. I also have no idea what your diet looks like, so this may have no merit at all.
I agree. It is not just about parasites like pin worms having a "job" to do. They can also signify that something in the body is out of balance, including diet. In the case of pinworms they LOVE sugar and refined carbohydrates. Since you are hoping not to have to change any eating habits, and sugar is a part of your diet I don't think that the pinworms are going to just go away when they are "done." If the body environment is out of balance than stronger measures might be needed to get rid of the parasites.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

i understand that eliminating simple carbs is healthier it is just not possible for us given the life we lead. having a diet different than the rest of our community is already dificult (emotionally socially) and i am not willing to make it moreso. I really do not want to discuss this anymore and as i have said in 2 other posts changes (as in eliminating things not as in adding things in) are not an option , please respect that. that is encouraging abt the silica thank you elizabeth. i gave her 1 dose of 1M at the begining of this, unually when it wears off she gets an eye iritation an di give it again. I dont want to give it too much, as i said emotionally she seems in a really great place. could the 30c everyday throw her off? i dont see any more worms but her bowels are soft and unformed like playdough. I took my remedy in CM and my stomach is much better and i even had an aggrivation which i have not had in a long time with new/old things popping up on the whole very good.

mydd2 has no sign of them and i dont htink she has them.

but how do you know when they are gone? maybe they died but their eggs will hatch? how can one tell?
Old 06-11-2010, 10:21 AM

Gilamama,
As I said, I didn't address the diet to argue with you or debate anything. I just don't feel comfortable saying "homeopathy will cure everything in the absence of other measures" because while it's *possible* that it could I don't know that it's the norm. I just don't want you relying on something when it may be more helpful to use medication or herbs *because* you are not planning on addressing diet. That is completely your choice and I respect it. I just want you to have full disclosure so you can make a conscious choice.

As far as the remedies...basic homeopathic theory from almost every school of thought teaches low potencies for physical issues. I would go 30C daily, personally. I find that people have far better responses that way in general, but for physical manifestations it's something I would certainly do. However you will have to decide in the end what you are most comfortable with. HTH.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:52 PM

I read your post but didn't respond since it seemed you wanted more natural methods

I have a fear of parasites. I get really freaked out. I would just use whatever would kill them the most dead and fastest dead and thoroughly dead. I do not want worms in my system. Just the idea makes me slightly dizzy with horror.

Yes I do know we all have parasites in our eyelashes or whatever but I would rather not pay that any mind thanks.

Not all those who wander are lost 
Old 06-11-2010, 07:46 PM

abimommy-don't panic.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 PM

*breathing into paper bag*

I knew someone who has scabies once. I about passed out.

Not all those who wander are lost 
Old 06-11-2010, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What about taking diatomaceous earth for the pinworms?

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
Old 06-13-2010, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

thanks everyone so much for your help and support. my kids are amazing but they cant eat dairy or wheat/gluten and that is very hard for them sometimes. we were off sugar for 2 years but now use demrara sugar in baking and my kids seems to handle it fine. it would just be too hard to go back. we already do almost everything homemade, i dunno our diets could be better, more leafy greens and more fermented stuff would be the only things i'd like to change really. we are going to the states in 2 weeks and then i may buy some diatomous earth to treat the worms with. vermox itself is OTC here and does not even seem so bad. i dunno. i am feeling the food allergies and health issues as being really heavy for me right now so this is just a major bummer.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
I read your post but didn't respond since it seemed you wanted more natural methods

I have a fear of parasites. I get really freaked out. I would just use whatever would kill them the most dead and fastest dead and thoroughly dead. I do not want worms in my system. Just the idea makes me slightly dizzy with horror.

Yes I do know we all have parasites in our eyelashes or whatever but I would rather not pay that any mind thanks.
This is EXACTLY my opinion. I have OCD and just can't handle the thought. Once or twice a year I do middle of the night flashlight tests when the kids are asleep. JIC. I'm that paranoid.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
*breathing into paper bag*

I knew someone who has scabies once. I about passed out.
LOL! well written, visual, perfect...and i completely relate.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post
What about taking diatomaceous earth for the pinworms?
I do diatomaceous earth as a regular supplement now, since I started taking it for pinworms. My hair and nails are strong and shiny -- a nice side effect.

I personally cannot deal with cleaning, the lack of sleep and fear of pinworms being passed on to others, so we do a single-dose prescription treatment, then follow with the diatomaceous earth and oil of oregano (my kids will take that if I put it in capsule form).

ETA: Homeopathics work for me for some conditions, but the cina did zip for us.

User Tag List