Infant tremors - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-12-2010, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

My youngest baby is 3mo and I have notice some strange form of tremors in him. It has happened about 3 or 4 times. The first time I noticed was when he was on my lap. He was in a sort of "sitting position" and then his little body started trembling in a Parkinson type of fashion, if you can understand. I moved his position and it stopped. Next time around was with my friend holding him in the same position and the same happened. Then my husband was holding him while standing up and he was also trembling. He is exclusively breast fed, healthy all around, but this is bothering me some. I have a pediatrician appointment coming soon. He had a chiro adjustment and I mentioned the tremors but the doctor could not say much about it.

Anyone here with similar experience? Can anyone here point me in some direction?

Thanks,

Miriam
#2 of 3 Old 06-14-2010, 06:53 PM

He could be going pee. My oldest used to have similar tremors, kind of shuddering, and I was really concerned. Turned out she would do it right before/during a pee. It's not that uncommon and kids outgrow it. It can't hurt to get him checked out, but I would check his diaper after a tremor and see if he's just peed. Not all kids pee when they shudder/tremor, but many do. Here's a link to other parents asking about/answering about a similar question.

http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/b...remors.html#9s
#3 of 3 Old 06-14-2010, 08:30 PM

Is he vaxxed?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page