Blood Type Diet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-19-2010, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone on it?
What are your experiences and thoughts on this principle?
Is this something typically recommended by naturopaths?

http://www.dadamo.com/

My kids are 8, 5 and 2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwriter View Post
What are your experiences and thoughts on this principle?
It looks like the root genetic speculation is pretty weak. Racial astrology on the level of a Chinese-restaurant placemat, in other words.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
It looks like the root genetic speculation is pretty weak. Racial astrology on the level of a Chinese-restaurant placemat, in other words.
Thanks! This is what I'm finding as well.

On the other hand, I grew to believe in homeopathy, and modern science would debunk those assertions. But somehow homeopathy feels "right", while blood type diet does not.

Anyone was recommended this diet by a naturopath? I'm a bit perplexed that mine seems to have so much weight in this approach. She was eager to test my blood sugar for diabetes, based on my blood type, while I have zero symptoms and my diet is healthy. This would be FREAKY, though, if I had blood sugar issues! I'd be a believer then (maybe)

My kids are 8, 5 and 2!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

bump!

here's an excellent review (critique, actually) of the basic blood type diet.  http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2010/12/blood-type-diet-primal-perspective.html

as a naturopath in training, and an evolutionary biologist, i would never ever recommend the blood type diet.  even before i read the above review.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 10-22-2011, 11:51 AM

I was looking for information on here about this myself.  It's actually been recommended to my by my naturopath.  He was skeptical at first....but it looks like more and more work is being done in this field and there is a lot of success with it. Plus, there is no harm done....it's all about eating whole foods....nothing wacky at all.  I think it may be worth a good shot....if it doesn't drive me nuts first! LOL

Orthodox Christian mother of 3 ; Thea, Keegan, and Alexander
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwriter View Post

What I find interesting about this is I have blood sugar symptoms but I never test out for it in a regualr blood test....what is your blood type that she wonders about this?  If you don't mind me asking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post

Thanks! This is what I'm finding as well. On the other hand, I grew to believe in homeopathy, and modern science would debunk those assertions. But somehow homeopathy feels "right", while blood type diet does not. Anyone was recommended this diet by a naturopath? I'm a bit perplexed that mine seems to have so much weight in this approach. She was eager to test my blood sugar for diabetes, based on my blood type, while I have zero symptoms and my diet is healthy. This would be FREAKY, though, if I had blood sugar issues! I'd be a believer then (maybe)

Orthodox Christian mother of 3 ; Thea, Keegan, and Alexander
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

User Tag List