My daughter started complaining yesterday of a sore throat. She's mentioned it on and off, but nothing big. She was running a fever and uncomfortable so I gave her Motrin which she threw up. Her fever eventually hit 103.6 so I called her ped office and talked to the nurse on call. She said keep giving Motrin and take her to the ER if she stopped eating/drinking, going to the bathroom, or if her fever hit 105. We gave her Motrin again and her fever came down.
She had a fever when she woke up (103.6 again) so I gave her another dose of Motrin (I don't medicate for EVERY fever but over 102 kind of scares me) and it came down. It went up again about seven hours later so I gave her another dose. It is currently sitting around 102.
My question is this - should I just go ahead and take her to an after hours clinic? Or wait till tomorrow and call her ped?
In the past, I was not so uptight about every little thing but she's had a rough eight months or so. Last fall she started falling and eventually couldn't walk so she's now on Carbamazpine and Senimet (sp?). She was never really sick before that but she's just had one thing after another (I think it's because she was at the doctor so often during cold and flu season and apparently well waiting is a joke). She's been fine for at least a few months (other than the thing with her walking, which is still improving. Anyway, not related to her being sick). I'm just really worried about letting anything get out of hand because when she gets run down, her walking kind of falls apart.
Honestly, I will probably take her to see her ped tomorrow (I really love her ped, he does not over medicate and has often taken a "let's wait and see" attitude on minor things without making me feel like a hysterical first time mom) anyway, what I'm wondering is at what point would you decide ok, this can't wait, we're going to the ER (or walk in urgent care, which closes at six today. Do children ever get sick like, mid-morning on a Tuesday?).