why does my thumb and wrist get stiff and tingly? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-30-2010, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Usually after a nap or upon waking up in the morning (started about a month ago)... my thumb joint will get or feel really tight! I feel like I have a circulation problem cause my feet fall asleep too (it gets so numb). Is this considered fluid retention? How can I remedy this? Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 06-30-2010, 11:07 PM

My chiropractor says it's because I've been totally out of whack and been cutting off my nerves to a certain extent. (Not necessarily "pinched" nerves, but don't know the appropriate word to use.)

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#3 of 5 Old 07-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Are you by chance pregnant? The reason I ask is because during my pregnancys I had carpal tunnel syndrome. It always went away a couple of months PP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpal_tunnel_syndrome

Is it the hand you use a computer mouse with? You might want to look at a wrist support thingy.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#4 of 5 Old 07-01-2010, 06:16 PM

I would definitely try a wrist support. You can usually buy them at any pharmacy. Sometimes I find I sleep on my arm or hand weird and it gets the carpal tunnel sore/tingly/numb issues, but if I wear the brace for a few nights it's much better.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#5 of 5 Old 07-02-2010, 09:24 AM

Good advice on the wrist support, but the OP mentioned her feet go numb, too. Carpal tunnel may be part of it, but not all of it.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page