postpartum body odor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone dealt with this? It's been almost 4 months, and I'm usually a person who can go without any deodorant at all. I've tried rubbing alcohol after a shower, using natural deodorant, using Sure (ick!), wearing only cotton shirts... doesn't matter--I still stink (and on one side more than the other, oddly). Sometimes, I can't even get it to go away from the shower. I scrubbed and scrubbed last night, and finally got the smell to go away with some post-shower hydrogen peroxide.

Is there anything that can help? Homeopathic remedies? Supplements? Help me!

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-17-2011, 07:36 PM

Hi - I see you posted this question quite a while ago, so I'd love to see if there was ever any resolution to your problem.  I am online searching for answers because I have the EXACT same problem you were dealing with last year.  My baby just turned 3 mos old, and I am totally perplexed by this sudden onset of body odor.  I've never had it before in my life, and it is definitely stronger on my left side. 

I will continue searching for answers.  If you found any last year, please pass them along!  Thanks!

#3 of 4 Old 04-19-2011, 07:38 AM

I had the same situation, same pp time. I can't remember exactly when it stopped, but it did! My DD is 13 months now, and I've been back to my non-stinky self for a while, months for sure. So you probably don't have to worry about being permanently stinky. smile.gif it is interesting though. I wonder what causes it.
#4 of 4 Old 04-19-2011, 12:23 PM

Ooh, thank you! I'm so looking forward to not being stinky anymore! I'm also losing my hair and breaking out, so it all must be hormonal. Lovely!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page