Sharpy pain in ovary or fallopian tube area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im a bit worried what this is tbh. It used to happen maybe once a month, now it seems to happen at least once or twice a week!

Sometimes when I move to get up from sitting down, or to turn over in bed, I get this incredibly sharp pain in the ovary area...it can be either side but usually the left one. I have to literally stay really still until the pain passes.

Does anyone else get this or know why it happens? It's starting to worry me because it's happening much more often than it used to. Also, Im wondering if its not the ovary part but maybe the fallopian tube?

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
samy, have you had your OB check for a cyst?

ETA - (sorry, got called away from the computer) When I had an ovarian cyst, I felt it often during my cycle, like a sometimes sharp pain in my ovarian area. It's apparently really common for women to get them throughout their cycle and not know it, and they usually don't interfere with fertility. However, my cyst wasn't resolving, and eventually it grew big enough that I started having spotting for several days during my lp, and my lp shortened, and eventually I think I stopped ovulating. I think if they'd caught it earlier they could have resolved it without surgery, and all it takes is an ultrasound for that piece of mind. Hope that helps!

My RE also mentioned the possibility of endometriosis, which can cause pain. Usually the symptoms of that include pain during intercourse, though.

I'm mentioning these only so you know what questions to ask, not so you freak out. It's probably nothing! But it totally doesn't hurt to ask, y'know?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 07-16-2010, 11:41 AM

Moved to health and healing...

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Old 07-17-2010, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
samy, have you had your OB check for a cyst?

ETA - (sorry, got called away from the computer) When I had an ovarian cyst, I felt it often during my cycle, like a sometimes sharp pain in my ovarian area. It's apparently really common for women to get them throughout their cycle and not know it, and they usually don't interfere with fertility. However, my cyst wasn't resolving, and eventually it grew big enough that I started having spotting for several days during my lp, and my lp shortened, and eventually I think I stopped ovulating. I think if they'd caught it earlier they could have resolved it without surgery, and all it takes is an ultrasound for that piece of mind. Hope that helps!

My RE also mentioned the possibility of endometriosis, which can cause pain. Usually the symptoms of that include pain during intercourse, though.

I'm mentioning these only so you know what questions to ask, not so you freak out. It's probably nothing! But it totally doesn't hurt to ask, y'know?
I didn't know about this..hmm...but it doesn't seem to be causing any problems with my cycle at all, it's just unpleasant to get the sharp pains.

Anyone else heard of this symptom before and if there's anything else it could be?

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

Old 07-20-2010, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine didn't cause any noticeable problems for a while after I started feeling the pains. All I can say is that I didn't get pregnant for a year, and then I found out I had that. I'm not saying that's what it is, but it's easy to check out with an ultrasound. I hope you figure it out soon, and that it's nothing!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

User Tag List