Sex is still painful and DS is almost a year - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-30-2010, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ever since DS was born (our first baby) sex has been pretty painful for me, and therefore almost non-existent. We tried first at 6 weeks and my body said no. A few months later, I had a good bit of pain in my perineal area. Now, that area seems okay, but up front, near my clitoris/urethra, the tissue is SOO sore when we start having sex that we have to stop after a minute or so. It feels raw. It also hurt/stung for months after birth when I washed if any soap got into that area. Visually, NOTHING is there. No redness, no tear, no scar tissue, nothing I can see.

I had a natural birth with a very small perineal tear, and what my midwife called a skid mark up front, near my urethra. No issues other than that, and I even went to the OB, who saw granulation near my perineum but nothing up front in the area that's bothering me now.

I know childbirth is a HUGE event for a woman's body, but I want to have a sex life again at some point. I know there are other things we can do, and we're plenty creative, but I want to enjoy sex again. Right now, it doesn't appeal to me AT all, because I associate it with this really painful feeling. DH is super supportive, and isn't pressbut I'm sure he feels frustration on some level.

I'm really curious if anyone else has experienced this or has any advice. I've been putting on a comfrey salve the last few days hoping that will do something, but otherwise have just been waiting for time to heal my body. I'm frustrated though and I feel a bit...well...broken.
#2 of 3 Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 PM

Have you looked into vulvar vestibulitis?

If I use anything with SLS in it I have vulvar pain. Also some women have problems with oxolates in their food. An issue like this can arise at any time and wouldn't have been caused by the birth. Have you taken antiboitics in the last two years for any reason? There are oxolate degrading bacteria in healthy guts.
Vulvar pain is very upsetting. I have dealt with it in various degrees for many years. It started before I had children though. Do some googling and see if that fits your issue.

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#3 of 3 Old 07-31-2010, 08:57 AM

Patience. It took over a year for sex to feel good again for me. Especially if you are breastfeeding.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page