Admitted in emergency room with suspected cardiac problems....UPDATE #44 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 08-27-2010, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sage View Post
I personally would not try a flush on my own with gallstones that size.
I agree...definitely consult someone if you have gallstones that are that big and liver issues. I think it's a good start with the acupuncturist and I second the classical homeopath suggestion. In addition, a trained naturopath may be able to guide you through any process you take to tend to this problem. Don't try this on your own at this point! Had I not just had a baby and having gallbladder attacks (& not a lot of money ), I would have gone the alternative practitioner route so i could at least know what my options were before deciding on permanent surgery. But that's just me. I've lived relatively well without a gallbladder but I'm still quite young and I'm starting to notice more ill effects from not having a gallbladder and I'm concerned they will increase with age and my body slowly deteriorating in general

All natural, hazelwood & Baltic amber necklaces that relieve eczema, reflux, teething pain, migraines, etc. We have Soap Nuts too!www.hazelaid.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 48 Old 08-29-2010, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

No better today. Blah. Is it normal to have ongoing nausea?? I'm not terribly sore....it comes and goes, but the nausea is horrible in the mornings and then the evenings.
#33 of 48 Old 08-29-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
No better today. Blah. Is it normal to have ongoing nausea?? I'm not terribly sore....it comes and goes, but the nausea is horrible in the mornings and then the evenings.
Yes, on-going nausea is pretty normal for this condition (I'm having similar issues). I pretty much rotate through Phenergan, Zofran, and Compazine. Usually one of those will knock the nausea down to tolerable levels. Also do not eat ANY fat or cook anything with any fat at all (not even the non-stick spray stuff).
#34 of 48 Old 08-30-2010, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellinghamCrunchie View Post
Yes, on-going nausea is pretty normal for this condition (I'm having similar issues). I pretty much rotate through Phenergan, Zofran, and Compazine. Usually one of those will knock the nausea down to tolerable levels. Also do not eat ANY fat or cook anything with any fat at all (not even the non-stick spray stuff).
I've just been using gravol 50 mg. If I take anymore I am OUT.

I need to overhaul my diet that's for sure. So when you mean fat, is that nuts too?
#35 of 48 Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I've just been using gravol 50 mg. If I take anymore I am OUT.

I need to overhaul my diet that's for sure. So when you mean fat, is that nuts too?
Yes, when I had my gall stones, because taking the risk of having another attack was actually pretty dangerous for my baby (I was preggo) I had to watch every gram of fat I ingested. I stayed away from all forms of fat even that in nuts. I slowly worked my way up to ingesting 6-7 grams of fat per meal without negative side effects but it took me a few months before I could do that. I ate A LOT of fruits & veggies and found creative ways to make things taste good. Because i was preggo and I needed extra calories for the baby, i would go get Jamba juice smoothies on a fairly regular basis because some of them have fairly high calories with relatively low fat (otherwise it's hard to ingest enough calories just eating produce !

Anyway, you may want to exercise a lot of caution for a while in the fat department to see if things calm down a bit. Also, for the constant nausea, I HIGHLY recommend homeopathic Ipecac 30c (which you can find at most natural food/supplements store for about $7). It works very well for our whole family and won't knock you out the way the Rx stuff will.

All natural, hazelwood & Baltic amber necklaces that relieve eczema, reflux, teething pain, migraines, etc. We have Soap Nuts too!www.hazelaid.com
#36 of 48 Old 08-30-2010, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSurrender View Post
Yes, when I had my gall stones, because taking the risk of having another attack was actually pretty dangerous for my baby (I was preggo) I had to watch every gram of fat I ingested. I stayed away from all forms of fat even that in nuts. I slowly worked my way up to ingesting 6-7 grams of fat per meal without negative side effects but it took me a few months before I could do that. I ate A LOT of fruits & veggies and found creative ways to make things taste good. Because i was preggo and I needed extra calories for the baby, i would go get Jamba juice smoothies on a fairly regular basis because some of them have fairly high calories with relatively low fat (otherwise it's hard to ingest enough calories just eating produce !

Anyway, you may want to exercise a lot of caution for a while in the fat department to see if things calm down a bit. Also, for the constant nausea, I HIGHLY recommend homeopathic Ipecac 30c (which you can find at most natural food/supplements store for about $7). It works very well for our whole family and won't knock you out the way the Rx stuff will.
I feel so weak and dizzy from not being able to eat that its really hard to find things to eat. When my husband isn't working, it's easy because he cooks up some really good food with zero fat, but when I have a break in the nausea I guess I just want a quick fix and something higher in calories because I know that I probably won't be able to eat for at least another 10 or so hours. I've been trying really hard to eat very small frequent meals of bland food, but it's just hard when I feel so shitty.

Will send dh down to the health food store to look for the ipecac 30c. Thank you.
#37 of 48 Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Down 25 lbs.

I am still feeling the pits. My temp is also elevated from MY normal baseline. My usual temp is somewhere in the high 96's low 97's, and right now I'm at 99 farenheit. But apparently that's not a fever, so not a biggie. I am so nauseated, so dizzy, stomach pain, and I have a killer headache. I go for my consultation with the surgeon and then will go on a 6 month wait list for surgery since it's "elective" at this point since I don't have any indication of an infection. I'm so frustrated and just so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.
#38 of 48 Old 09-15-2010, 12:09 AM

Six months is crazy. I do not have any infection or gallstones, but they are expediating the surgery (only had to wait 2 weeks, surgery is in two days) because of the weight loss. Can you talk to them again, expressing concern about the rapid weight loss, dizziness, and daily nausea? I think most doctors would consider these symptoms priority for surgery. Get another doctor if necessary.
#39 of 48 Old 09-15-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Six months is crazy. I do not have any infection or gallstones, but they are expediating the surgery (only had to wait 2 weeks, surgery is in two days) because of the weight loss. Can you talk to them again, expressing concern about the rapid weight loss, dizziness, and daily nausea? I think most doctors would consider these symptoms priority for surgery. Get another doctor if necessary.
I saw the surgeon today and he is going to get me in for surgery in ONE month. He seemed to think that the surgery would help the stomach pain but believes that the nausea and dizziness are caused from something else. I found that kind of odd since nausea and dizziness are classic symptoms of GB disease.
#40 of 48 Old 09-15-2010, 07:29 PM

My surgeon told me that the pain and the dizziness were caused by something else, and only the nausea was caused by the gallbladder. Go figure. I'm not going to listen much to the surgeon; he really has little contact with patients before and after the surgery, so how would he really know. I trust my GI doc more, who thinks all the symptoms are gb.

I'm glad its only going to be a month for your surgery. Hang in there. Eat bland and non-fat - it really is better to feel starving than it is to feel nauseous and have pain. I've lost 40 pounds and weigh less now than I did in high school. My surgery is tomorrow.
#41 of 48 Old 09-15-2010, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
My surgeon told me that the pain and the dizziness were caused by something else, and only the nausea was caused by the gallbladder. Go figure. I'm not going to listen much to the surgeon; he really has little contact with patients before and after the surgery, so how would he really know. I trust my GI doc more, who thinks all the symptoms are gb.

I'm glad its only going to be a month for your surgery. Hang in there. Eat bland and non-fat - it really is better to feel starving than it is to feel nauseous and have pain. I've lost 40 pounds and weigh less now than I did in high school. My surgery is tomorrow.
Good luck with your surgery! I'll be thinking about you. You've been a huge help with all of my gallbladder issues so please remember how awesome of a help you are. It's greatly appreciated. s
#42 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:

Hope your surgery went well today!

Just wanted to say thank you for this thread. I came here to look for some info, and my symptoms seem so similar to yours (OP) but not nearly so bad. I went to the ER about 3 months ago and they did an EKG thinking it might be my heart, but everything was fine. I got the GERD diagnosis of course and even tried the meds, but it didn't help at all. Next they said it was just anxiety, but too be honest, I'm much less anxious now than I have been for years, so I don't really buy that either. I never would have thought gallbladder, but a lot of what you guys have said here is hitting home, so it's certainly worth me talking to my dr about it.

OP, good luck with your surgery next month. I hope the low fat diet helps you to feel better until then!
#43 of 48 Old 09-17-2010, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

I've had less than 5 grams of fat at each meal today and I feel not too bad! Nausea was pretty bad this morning so I took a dose of gravol, and then I started feeling a bit nauseated around dinner time and had a cake decorating course to go to so I took another gravol. But no pain meds needed today, and was able to function throughout the day!
#44 of 48 Old 10-09-2010, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I saw the surgeon today and he is going to get me in for surgery in ONE month. He seemed to think that the surgery would help the stomach pain but believes that the nausea and dizziness are caused from something else. I found that kind of odd since nausea and dizziness are classic symptoms of GB disease.
I am so unbelievably pissed. Pissed off beyond words. My surgeon said I would get in for surgery in 3-4 weeks from my consultation date. It had been 3 weeks on Wednesday. I came home yesterday and had a missed call on my phone and it came up private caller which is what the hospital comes up as. So I called and spoke with the lady at the OR booking. She said that I would be lucky if I got in before the first week of December!! I broke down crying and said how the doctor had told me 3-4 weeks and I was already a day past 3 weeks. She called me back and told me that I have a surgery date of November 30th. I'm able to eat turkey and potatoes. That's it. If I chose to go to another surgeon I would lose my place on the wait list and would have to start back at square one and wait another month for JUST the consultation. So now I've been on gravol and percoset for 2 months and have to stay on for another almost 2 months.
#45 of 48 Old 10-09-2010, 01:45 AM

When I had gallbladder problems I was on liquid Zantac. I found if I took it at the beginning of an attack it would keep it to a dull roar - no severe pain, no throwing up, etc.

the date being later may not be in the surgeon's control. He can only book surgery for as many spots as the hospital has open in the OR.
#46 of 48 Old 10-09-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
the date being later may not be in the surgeon's control. He can only book surgery for as many spots as the hospital has open in the OR.
I TOTALLY understand that. Trust me I do. BUT the surgeon told me it would be 3-4 weeks, 4 weeks at the latest. He should be more in tune with how long/short his wait list is. He has ONE operating day a week, that's it. If I had gone in there and if he told me "I have a 3 month wait list", I would have been fine with it and asked for another perscription for percoset. Here in our area you have to jump through hoops to get a perscription for narcotics. YOu cannot get them from anyone who is NOT your regular GP or a physician who is caring for you. Your physician cannot call in a perscription. I was trying to ration out my last 4 perscoset so that I could make it another week until my surgery. Now I need to go beg and plead the walk in clinic doctor for a refill, which I probably won't get. I explained everything at my doctors office and I could get in to see her on November 28th......a day BEFORE my surgery.
#47 of 48 Old 10-09-2010, 01:44 PM

they have the signs that they won't call in rx's here anymore. My dr will though in emergencies(he tends to go against what he considers silly rules,lol)

The hospital my have cut back OR hours from when the surgeon told you 3-4weeks.
#48 of 48 Old 10-09-2010, 11:45 PM

I'm so sorry, Babygrant. I was happy for you when the surgeon said it would only be 3 weeks.

It is possible to survive this another two months. Depressing, yes. Frustrating, yes. Difficult - yes, on some days. But you WILL get there. This pain WILL end.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page