Sudden Wart- Calcium Bentonite Clay or other nat. methods of removal? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I realized today I have a sudden wart on my finger. I am pregnant and tend to get a few skin tags with each pregnancy, but this is a wart. I think? I've had a plantar wart on my foot as a child and this does not resemble that but, I could be wrong. I have some high quality calcium bentonite clay and was wondering if that would work? If so, anyone know the "remedy"? Also interested in hearing other alternative natural methods of getting rid of this. Thanks!

Doula mama to artistic DD and monster DS. #3 on the way!
HAVE YOU HEARD OF SQUAT ANARCHIST BIRTH JOURNAL YET?? IF NOT, GOOGLE IT!
#2 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 08:30 AM
CLM

If you have a good quality calcium bentonite clay, it will most definitely get rid of warts. Just make it into a paste and apply it to the wart, then cover it with a bandage. Reapply the clay/bandage a couple times a day until the wart is gone. It's very important to use a pure, natural calcium bentonite clay. My personal preference is Living Clay from www.ApexClay.com. I've been using it both internally and externally for years and LOVE it!
#3 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 08:41 AM

we've also used compresses of ACV (apple cider vinegar) and had great results. Last summer for some reason unbeknownst to me or our ND, dd had 6 warts on her feet...bentonite didn't work, but ACV did. I had one recently and it cleared up with ACV in 4 days.

hth.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#4 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 09:22 AM

two of my three have had this issue. Ds had one on his toe that was quite large. Dd has had two. I have used homeopathy for both successfully. There a good number of ways to deal with a wart naturally. I hope you find one that works well for you.
#5 of 15 Old 08-22-2010, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the suggestions! I do have a high quality clay from Earth's Living Clay, so I'll try that first. If it doesn't work, I'd like to try the ACV. How does that compress work exactly? I'm unfamiliar with the process and not sure what it would look like? (a soaked cottonball taped to my finger for x amount of hours??)

Thanks again!

#6 of 15 Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbarefoot View Post
Thank you for the suggestions! I do have a high quality clay from Earth's Living Clay, so I'll try that first. If it doesn't work, I'd like to try the ACV. How does that compress work exactly? I'm unfamiliar with the process and not sure what it would look like? (a soaked cottonball taped to my finger for x amount of hours??)

Thanks again!
I just soaked gauze pads and used medical tape to keep them in place. I'm sure a cottonball would work just as well.
I keep them on overnight.

HTH

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#7 of 15 Old 08-23-2010, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Look up the duct tape method. Its supposed to work really well.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#8 of 15 Old 08-23-2010, 10:47 PM

I did the duct tape with my dd when she was younger. I put off doing it for awhile because I figured it must be pretty toxic stuff to kill a wart. I finally gave in. I wrapped her finger in a small strip of duct tape and changed it a few times over a few days (best I can remember). It turned black and fell off--never to return (so far).
#9 of 15 Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Apple cider vinegar always works for us.

Duct tape works, but takes forever, is messier, and the warts came back soon after.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#10 of 15 Old 08-24-2010, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcintexas View Post
I did the duct tape with my dd when she was younger. I put off doing it for awhile because I figured it must be pretty toxic stuff to kill a wart.
The theory behind the duct-tape method is simple mechanical irritation, not anything cytotoxic in the stickum. Never worked a whit for me, which is too bad, as it'd beat cryotherapy.
#11 of 15 Old 08-24-2010, 04:54 PM

Good to know, Otto. Thanks.
#12 of 15 Old 08-24-2010, 05:35 PM

I'm not sure how "regular" warts differ from plantar warts, but I had a plantar wart on my foot for about ten years before I tried homeopathy. After a month or so of treatment with Boiron store-bought thuja, it was completely gone.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#13 of 15 Old 08-24-2010, 05:43 PM

Just to add to the home remedies. I got rid of a huge plantar wart on my foot, one on my daughter's thumb and another one on my son's foot with lemon soaked in vinegar. I taped it on the wart and then sanded it down with an emory board when it was 1/2 dry the next day.

You soak a lemon in vinegar for 1 week. Then, you take pieces of it and tape it over the wart overnight. It will start to make a hole in the middle of the wart and then the whole thing will close in and there won't be a wart there.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#14 of 15 Old 08-26-2010, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, so many good ideas. Thank you! I've been doing the clay, trying to remember to do it once a day. It is already drying out but if it doesn't go away, I'll try the ACV.

#15 of 15 Old 06-05-2014, 02:34 PM

I've used Earth's Living clay for all kinds of skin conditions and had great results. I thought warts are caused by viruses, which are inside. If that's the case, then drinking calcium bentonite clay should also help.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page