Anyone else have a child with a broken bone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-24-2010, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone! I didn't know if I was the only one currently with a child with a broken bone, but if it wasn't just me, I thought we could use the support! My DS broke his femur 2 weeks ago and is currently in a spica cast. He has 4 more weeks to go, then the Dr says it will probably take about 12 weeks after that to regain his muscle mass back 100%...They thought they were going to have to do surgery today, but today's x-rays showed that it is healing better than originally though. Anyone else??

Wife of 10 years to DH , Mommy to DD 12/04 and DS 4/07! I'm a Christian, Homeschooling, Blogging, Business Owning, web/graphic designing, Photography loving, Geek, certified Whovian, Wife and mommy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So happy for you that your son doesn't need surgery! My ds was 4 when he broke his tibia and fibula. It really sucked. No decent pain management and he couldn't use crutches, had to be carried everywhere. He healed up fine though and you'd never know he had had a broken leg now. Those young bones mend very well and fast! He needed a bit of physical therapy to re learn how to walk properly. Good luck with the rest of recovery. Ds learned how to play chess very well during that time. I scourged the second hand children's shops to find puzzles and games and any little thing that would keep him happy for a few minutes. Magnets on a cookie sheet worked really well. Best to you and your family.

User Tag List