Breast Changes After Weaning-Lumps - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-05-2010, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After 2 kids and about 5 years of breastfeeding, I weaned my 2 and a half year old in June. During the last few months of bf him I kept thinking I had a plugged duct in my right breast. I would applay heat, nurse that side etc and in a few days it would go away. After he had stopped nursing I noticed it again and put it together that it was happening after ovulation every month. I have a large, somwhat moveable lump in my right breast that gets bigger each month and gets pretty tender ( I have very small, "ropey", as my Dr described them, breasts). I have been to the Dr and have an ultrasound scheduled for next week to be sure it is not something serious. My thought it is some kind of cyst. I thought I would post here in hoped that someone has had a similar experience with lumps/ changes after extended breastfeeding.

Thanks,
G

Mommy of 2 sweeties, staying warm and making things!
#2 of 4 Old 09-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Just jumping on to hear responses. My 3 year old mostly weaned in the last month, and I have had tender lumps in both breasts ever since (six weeks now). Hand expression helps a lot, but I finally quit thinking that if it was the result of milk trying to dry up, that probably wasn't going to speed it along.
#3 of 4 Old 09-11-2010, 08:28 AM

Lumps that are tender and/or change with your cycle are pretty common and a good sign. (vs a 'bad' lump). Sounds like they are hormonal and taht could be fibercystic. Good luck.

momma to 4!
#4 of 4 Old 09-11-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Lumps that are tender and/or change with your cycle are pretty common and a good sign. (vs a 'bad' lump). Sounds like they are hormonal and taht could be fibercystic. Good luck.
yes, this. I though that doctor didn't usually worry about lumps that changes with hormonal changes.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page