Inflamed mosquito bite HELP - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our 14 month old son had an inflamed mosquito bite on his foot. It turned into a hard red lump. We freaked out and brought him to the dr who said it was not infected or dangerous. He advised us to use cortison creme and ice on it. W just ice the lump decresed and went away after a week. Yesterday I noticed 2 mosquito bites only son's forehead. Today it blew up to another giant lump. It is large the dr isn't in til tomorrow and don't feel the need yet to call His emergency line. Any advice, wisdom you can offer. Nplease.
#2 of 3 Old 09-10-2010, 06:14 PM

My son was the same way for a few months. Every bite he got blew up into a hard, red lump about two inches in diameter. His eye swelled shut once, one time he couldn't barely bend his arm because the bite was inside the elbow, his ankle looked like he had elephantitis, and sometimes it looked like he had goose eggs on his head! Now, months later, his body is calming down the reactions to them and they don't look so bad, but they ooze a sticky clear fluid.

We just ice them as he tolerates it, keep them clean and keep him from scratching them.

My sister reacted the same way to bites as a little girl, so it never worried me. DH is allergic to bee and wasp stings though, so we'll have to keep an eye on the little guy.
#3 of 3 Old 09-10-2010, 07:44 PM

I have found that most people with these reactions respond really well to homeopathic histaminum 12C, pascalite or another clay poultice and potentially vitamin C. I use ledum 30C with my dd and it's awesome...but if you don't want to futz with finding the right remedy, histaminum is the way to go IMHO.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page