High Temperature...Nothing else wrong - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-12-2010, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday around noon dh accidentally touched my forehead and told me that I felt hot and should take my temperature. It was 100.2. I took some Tylenol and went to sleep easier than I would have thought. There were no other symptoms at all. Not the slightest headache. Today my temperature has not gone before 99.3. Should I be worried that there is something wrong? I don't even know where to start. No congestion, no aches or pains, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-12-2010, 09:28 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, it's higher than "normal" but still not high at all, not even really a fever. You might be coming down with something, or not. If it were me I'd take extra vitamin C as sodium ascorbate for a few days.

Mama to 2 sweet gorgeous children, a 4-year-old DS and a 1-year-old DD.
#3 of 7 Old 09-12-2010, 09:50 PM

I would just try to increase my fluids, including a nice cup of hot chicken bone broth and try to get some extra rest. You're probably just coming down with something.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#4 of 7 Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you I appreciate the responses. I will not worry too much about it. I was just stumped that it was as little high and there was nothing to treat! Normally I don't even take Tylenol but we had some and I felt like I should do something.
#5 of 7 Old 09-13-2010, 01:34 PM

I would agree that you are probably just coming down with something. If you don't develop illness and it doesn't go away after awhile you might want to see a doctor..but I wouldn't worry about it too much right now.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#6 of 7 Old 09-13-2010, 01:41 PM

This kind of illness must be going around. My ds who is two has had a fever since Sat night. It shot up to 104.5 Sunday and I took him in to see the Dr. They couldn't find a thing wrong...No strep, not the flu, did the finger prick etc. etc. He said it was just a virus.
He seems to be feeling better today :-)
Hope you feel better soon!

Stay at home mom to: Finley Linnea 7-9-04 and Maxton Cramer 3-28-08 and lovin' my artist hubby!

#7 of 7 Old 09-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
100.2 is not a high fever. It's hardly a fever at all. Taking tylenol for a fever, especially one that is clearly not causing you discomfort since you don't feel ill, will NOT help you, but make it much harder for your body to fight off whatever it is you are fighting off. Fever is your friend, let it help you

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page