Diarrhea related to gallbladder??? TMI TMI TMI. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2010, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll throw another TMI warning out there again.

I'm waiting to get my gallbladder out. For the past couple of months I will wake up in the morning with severe nausea, upper right abdomenal pain that comes and goes. Nause is always there though. My boys know I have about 5 minutes that I'm able to function so I run around and get breakfast ready, help them with anything that needs to be done now, then I have to go in the bathroom. I have a LOT of diarrhea every single morning. It's always bright yellow, almost fluorescent, and it burns coming out. I mentioned this to the surgeon when I saw him on wednesday and he doesn't think that my nausea, dizziness, or diarrhea are caused from the gallbladder, he thinks it's something totally difference. WHen I mentioned this to my doctor she said that the bile pools in my gallbladder and then when I wake up in the morning it dumps into the stomach and it goes through really fast, hence the reason for the diarrhea.

I can't find anything online, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice/experience in terms of this.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Banned

Fwiw, I have gallbladder issues too (would get it out but don't have insurance) and I don't have any if the issues you describe above...
Best wishes sorting it out. Like you need ONE more thing to complicate your life?!?! ;-D
Old 09-17-2010, 02:20 PM

I don't remember having that before I had my gallbladder removed, but it does happen occasionally now. Sometimes my body won't like whatever it is I've eaten and makes me pay for it.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:24 PM

I had my gallbladder removed in 07.

While I was having the gallbladder pains and problems I too was having Diarrhea.

I still have it now. The Dr. told me it was IBS.

My aunt is the same way ever since she had her gallbladder problems/ and removal.
I notice mine comes and goes alot. Some days I will be "Normal" while the next day or few hours later will be "diarrhea".

I hate it.

Kim: Wife To Colby. Mommy To DS1 Christopher and DS2 Bradly. :
Old 09-17-2010, 03:34 PM

I have yellow diarrhea every 3 days or so. The more fats you eat, the more diarrhea and yellow color you will see - the color means the fats in your diet are not being digested because your gallbladder is not providing enough bile to digest the food.

My gasteroenterologist said, on our first visit, "Yellow stool? Okay, let's do the CCK HIDA scan for the gallbladder." And the scan showed a non-functioning gallbladder.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lipase enzymes can relieve some of the pain when taken with food. Enzymedica (I think) has a good product, LipoGold (?).

dh had the pain, green greasy stools. the gall bladder ultrasound was inconclusive but the nuclear scintigraphy showed a dysfunction - though it wasn't his gall bladder (it was contracting and ejecting bile just as it should), rather it was the sphincter of Oddi in the bile duct. MD told him to eat a low-fat diet and if it got worse, to get surgery. HA!

I did some research and found that gluten can damage CCK functionality in some manner. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12468110

So i made him go gluten-free - he really didn't want surgery. After 2 years of being gluten free and using LipoGold, he no longer needs those enzymes. We did gene testing for celiac on him and found that he carries an allele predisposing him to gluten senstivity though he doesn't carry the allele for celiac disease.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 09-18-2010, 06:43 PM

I had mine removed a few years ago and I've had the same thing that you've described happen before AND after the surgery. I've had tons of issues since the surgery (but my GB was diseased, full of stones and basically hadn't been functioning for years).

I've had the bile diarrhea several times and my GI said it probably wasn't due to the gb or lack thereof

I also have stones forming even though I don't have a GB so I need to stick to a low fat diet to avoid busting up my common bile duct

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!

User Tag List