Low(ish) BBT/chemical pregnancies/thyroid? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-18-2010, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 39, and we have been TTC since January. I've had 3 very early losses within that time. Two were right at the time AF would have been due, and one was about 2 days past when AF would have been due. I am thin, about 5'5" and 120 lbs. I eat a mostly grain-free diet, including lots of animal protein, veggies, and fat, and not much sugar. I can eat quite a lot (including foods I don't normally eat, i.e, refined carbs and sugar), say on a vacation, and not gain weight, or not much, and then I lose it easily. If I don't eat enough for a few days/week, I usually drop a pound or two. I don't get a lot of formal exercise these days, as our business has been incredibly busy. Work involves sitting for several hours most days.

I should also mention that I have very regular cycles (28/29 days), a normal luteal phase (15 days), and I ovulate every month. My temperature doesn't drop until the first day of AF, sometimes the second.

The only "symptom" I have that is on the hypothyroid "list" is a low-ish BBT. I temp vaginally, since I tend to sleep with my mouth open. My pre-ovulation temps average around 97.6-97.7, and post-O range from about 98-98.7. My daytime temp is often below or around 99 (vaginal) pre-o, and 99.2-99.5 (vaginal) post-o, which I suppose makes it a bit under 98 if I was taking it orally pre-o, and 98.2-98.5 or so post. I know there is a range for normal human body temperature, without having low thyroid. Based on my eating habits and seemingly normal to fast metabolism, is is possible that this is just normal for me? I didn't temp/chart with my other, successful pregnancies, so I have no basis for comparison there.

I have looked at the "chart galleries" on the Fertility Friend website (other users' charts), and when I search Pregnancy Charts with Vaginal Temping, I see quite a few that are very similar to mine, some even lower.

I suspect that my early m/c (which I wouldn't even have known about if I hadn't tested early), are due to my age, and aging follicles. I'm taking lots of supplements to improve egg health, and my follicular phase has lengthened by a couple days, which is a good sign. I'm just trying to cover my bases. I don't have insurance right now, and I don't know how much thyroid testing would cost out of pocket.

Also, would regular exercise raise my body temperature?

Any thoughts?

TIA!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page