LEEP Nightmare! - Mothering Forums
Women's Health > LEEP Nightmare!
sweatpantsmommy's Avatar sweatpantsmommy 02:31 PM 03-22-2004
Has anyone else had a bad LEEP (loop excision for precancerous cervical cells) experience? My dr started doing the numbing injections and had to stop because I was bawling and in absolute agony. I am by no means a weenie (28 hour labor and no meds- Thank you!), and was told that the procedure would be only mildly uncomfortable. Now I have to reschedule to have it done under general anesthesia! Has anyone else had an experience like this? Please help!

sweatpantsmommy's Avatar sweatpantsmommy 06:29 PM 03-22-2004
Really? No one?
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 08:24 PM 03-22-2004
Well, I guess I could say that it happened to me, only differently. My doc (a genius-whatever) did my LEEP with no anaesthesia. It SUCKED, and I am soooo not a weenie. I had two more after that, but had to use a specific anaesthetic because the "caines" don't work on me. Perhaps that was part of your problem? Once I had a good medication, I was fine. Good luck.
sweatpantsmommy's Avatar sweatpantsmommy 09:37 PM 03-22-2004
Well, although I am sorry you had a bad experience, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had one that was anything besides "a piece of cake". I was beginning to feel like some gigantic wuss or something. So thanks
supakitty's Avatar supakitty 10:56 PM 03-22-2004
I had one too and I'm not a big weenie but it was so uncomfortable I had to have it done under general. So, you're not alone!
Justice2's Avatar Justice2 01:29 AM 03-23-2004
I am also a natural birth fan (ds was a drug free birth) ----and couldn't even handle the colposcopy (the original biopsy). They were going to do the LEEP with only a local in their office. I called around and EVERY OTHER DOCTOR did this proceedure as outpatient with general anes. So I called my doc back and demanded that they put me to sleep...cut my cervix out with a hot wire while awake????
I think not.

Oh, and I will never forget with that OB told me during the biopsy..."Your cervix has no feeling"....What in the world would a MALE obgyn know about cervical feeling???????:
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 10:58 AM 03-23-2004
okay, that's exactly what they told me-only my doc was a female! Sheesh
Justice2's Avatar Justice2 08:51 PM 03-23-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by elisabeth
okay, that's exactly what they told me-only my doc was a female! Sheesh
One who had obviously NOT had a colposcopy...
Up