Muscle jerking in chest? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have noticed over the last few weeks that I was having what I thought was heart palpitations. It was freaking me out so I had dh listen and he couldnt hear anything at all no missed beats when it happened.

So I went and bought a stethoscope and it isnt my heart missing beats so it has to be a muscle of some sort jumping. It will often make me cough when it does it because it feels like I loose my breath.

Does anyone else have anything like this? If you do then do you know why it does it?

I have been under a tremendous amount of stress here the last few months and I am thinking maybe it has something to do with that?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#2 of 7 Old 09-29-2010, 12:51 AM

I have had the same issue! I also have a murmur from valve issues and a history of palpitations and this is not the same thing. I've read some things that suggest it may be related to GERD. Sure enough, I notice it most on the nights that I'm having heartburn issues! And stress can definitely aggravate this!

Try a google search for something like "gerd feels like heart palpitations" and a lot of stuff will come up.

Hope this helps!

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#3 of 7 Old 09-29-2010, 12:52 AM

I get a similar thing, but for me it's actually a muscle in my back that pulls around the side of my ribcage.
#4 of 7 Old 09-29-2010, 12:55 AM

I've had it and it feels weird.
#5 of 7 Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion View Post
I have had the same issue! I also have a murmur from valve issues and a history of palpitations and this is not the same thing. I've read some things that suggest it may be related to GERD. Sure enough, I notice it most on the nights that I'm having heartburn issues! And stress can definitely aggravate this!

Try a google search for something like "gerd feels like heart palpitations" and a lot of stuff will come up.

Hope this helps!
I will do that.

I was so worried something was really wrong with my heart. My mom also has the same thing happen and she has a high hernia along with reflux issues.

I do have reflux issues as well but cant tell it is flaring when it happens but then when it is flaring up all I notice is the reflux itself.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#6 of 7 Old 09-29-2010, 11:32 AM

I've occasionally had problems with different muscles twitching, I fixed it by supplementing magnesium. I tend to notice other low mag symptoms when I'm under stress, the twitching muscle thing is a late symptom for me so most of the time these days I can avoid it.
#7 of 7 Old 09-29-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
I've occasionally had problems with different muscles twitching, I fixed it by supplementing magnesium. I tend to notice other low mag symptoms when I'm under stress, the twitching muscle thing is a late symptom for me so most of the time these days I can avoid it.
yup, that's what comes to my mind. I get myoclonus--muscle jerking, which I feel in my chest too. I know I need to load up on magnesium which helps until it passes.

afro.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page