Need some help for hormone imbalance (BCP made me sick) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-02-2010, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have all sorts of stuff going on that I am working on straightening out. The one thing I'm concentrating on right now is my hormones. I had a cancer scare recently because my uterine lining is SUPER thick. Thankfully it's not even pre cancerous at this time but it is causing me to have debilitating cramps and bleeding (like 4 Ibuprofen do nothing). I have changed my diet quite a bit and am losing weight (I have about 20 more to go to get to my ideal weight).

My ob/gyn started me on BCP last week (LoEstrin). (I've taken them a few times in the past but usually only for a week or so because I hated the way they made me feel). I have only taken 3 so far and have already become soooooooooo nauseous that I can barely function. I can't deal with it at all so I stopped last night. The Dr. said the next step if the BCP didn't work would be to have a D&C or Ablation (neither of which she thinks will work because she says this condition often just comes right back).

Soooo, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to get my hormones back in sync? They believe the problem is my estrogen levels are not in balance with my progesterone (low progesterone/slightly elevated estrogen).
I was considering Dong Quai or Vitex? What do you all think?

I don't drink/eat soy btw (although I'm not super vigilant about smaller trace amounts in food/beauty products). Anyway, any suggestions/ideas are welcome....thanks

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
#2 of 5 Old 10-03-2010, 09:20 PM

I would stop the BCP...especially since you are worried about cancer.

Charting and learning NFP would also help a ton. It would be really useful to know how long your luteal phase is, when you ovulate, etc.
You might want to look into Napro Technology and the Creighton Method. You don't have to be Catholic and it could give you some direction as to what's going on with your cycles. A lot of people have used it to "catch" exactly what their issue or problem is, and then they were able to successfully treat it using alternative methods

Another great resource is the book Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition Once you know what's going on with your cycles, that could give you some direction as to how to treat it using vitamins/minerals and herbs.

Good luck!

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 PM

You may also have something going on with your liver, and if not maybe some thing else that is affecting you. If you are not off dairy I would try to start there. I would highly suggest finding a alternative health practitioner and have them work with you to find out what is causing all of this.

Best of luck
In peace & health
Kimberly

Kimberly DH of 8 years DS 08/2002 DS 04/2005 DD 11/2007
Holistic consultations, supplements, herbs, flower essences www.IllinoisNaturopathy.com
#4 of 5 Old 10-05-2010, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliabedelia View Post
I would stop the BCP...especially since you are worried about cancer.

Charting and learning NFP would also help a ton.
Thank you for responding I know my cycles really well and have used Taking Charge of Your Fertility as a fertility "bible". It has helped me chart and figure out when I ovulate, etc. I couldn't find any sort of problem there at all I definitely think it's hormonal but I'll check into that book you suggested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturopath Mom View Post
You may also have something going on with your liver, and if not maybe some thing else that is affecting you. If you are not off dairy I would try to start there. I would highly suggest finding a alternative health practitioner and have them work with you to find out what is causing all of this.

Best of luck
In peace & health
Kimberly
Thank you! I know I have issues with my liver (slightly enlarged and fatty). I need to work on detoxing but not quite sure how to go about it. I also can't afford an NP (I wish I could).

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
#5 of 5 Old 10-05-2010, 05:44 PM

I love the Women to Women site for all things women's natural health related. Check out their article on Endometrial hyperplasia of the uterus It might give you some treatment ideas. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page