Coffee enema - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-05-2010, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm currently doing a candida cleanse & am having some very yucky die-off symptoms. I think I need some liver support to keep this stuff moving out of my body! So....I'm wanting to do a coffee enema. Who has done this? My main concern is that I don't tolerate caffeine orally (gives me palpitations, sweaty palms, etc) and I really, really don't want this side effect. I understand that this shouldn't happen if the coffee is kept in the lower part of the bowel, though. 2 cups at a time, maybe?

What has your experience been?

Thanks!

stephanie asl.gif

#2 of 5 Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 PM

I would not do it. Your liver is working overtime to clear the toxins you released by killing candida, and by clearing the candida itself. Coffee would just add to it's load to detox. I would take lots of vit c, Pascalite clay, magnesium, take epsom salt baths, enzymes, activated charcoal, etc. Stuff to mop up the toxins.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#3 of 5 Old 10-05-2010, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deditus View Post
I would not do it. Your liver is working overtime to clear the toxins you released by killing candida, and by clearing the candida itself. Coffee would just add to it's load to detox. I would take lots of vit c, Pascalite clay, magnesium, take epsom salt baths, enzymes, activated charcoal, etc. Stuff to mop up the toxins.
I thought that coffee enemas aided in the excretion of toxic substances by dilating the bile ducts. You think it would increase the detox load?

I've definitely been doing all that you've mentioned....except the magnesium & charcoal. How does activated charcoal differ from clay? (I have both pascalite & bentonite). Another friend of mine suggested AC. Maybe I should read up on that.

Thanks!

stephanie asl.gif

#4 of 5 Old 10-06-2010, 03:16 PM

Hi Stephanie,
I have 3 kids that are all just about the same age as you with waterbirths as well! I noticed you lived in chicagoland like me too

I think coffee enemas are great, but if you have a hard time with coffee I would not do them, erring on the safe side. You would probably be okay because the coffee is pulled right out of the system anyway. You could try a liver cleanse/flush with regular colonics. Colonics should help to get the die-off out of you. The activated charcoal will also adsorb a lot. HTH

In peace & health
Kimberly

Kimberly DH of 8 years DS 08/2002 DS 04/2005 DD 11/2007
Holistic consultations, supplements, herbs, flower essences www.IllinoisNaturopathy.com
#5 of 5 Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Kimberly. That's definitely my main concern....the caffeine sending me to the ER! Ok, it's not that severe but sometimes it feels like I'm having a heart attack.

I've read that milk thistle is really good for liver cleansing so I may just get some of the dried herb & make tea, to start. All our livers could use a little support, eh?

stephanie asl.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page