Major Hormonal Changes in early 30s? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do women go through any major hormonal changes in their early 30s? I have been quite emotional for the last several months and I don't think it is depression. I cry over many things which is not typical for me. It is not all sad either. I was at a wedding and I didn't even know the couple (dh's friends) and I was ready to start crying. This reminds me of early pregnancy, but I am not pregnant. Does anyone else have experience with this? I am supposed to get blood work done for a new doc I am seeing (they say it is "routine" for new patients) but I wondered if anything would show up with that?

Jen, wife and mom to two wonder boysfencing.gif, one monkey-girl fly-by-nursing1.gifand another on the way.homeschool.gifwinner.jpggoorganic.jpgcd.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Hugs to you, Mama! From what I've read, yes, hormonal changes (related to menopause) may start for some women in their early 30s -- but lots of other things could be upsetting your hormones, other than menopause! I recommend reading this article on perimneopause symptoms from Women to Women: Perimenopause — the beginning of hormonal change to see if any more of the symptoms match. If they don't, still take the to check for any other possible hormonal explanations. Good luck!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 PM

There's also a book called "What your doctor didn't tell you about perimenpause" that's really good.

Done by the same person as the menopause book. Some women really do start perimenopause this early...I think I happen to be one (34).

Center

User Tag List