Mothering Forum banner

My body appears to be rebelling- very much TMI

447 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  carlylovesthesims2 
#1 ·
So, I have had a 'period' ongoing since late August. (Yeah yeah, should have looked into what was up- chose not to figuring that it was just a wonky return to my cycle. ) I realized a few days ago -as I began to deal with light-headedness that I really needed to see what's up.

That's all well and good, until today, when I realized that when I went to the bathroom, I had very bloody stools. Not a little, but as in "WTF?!" Now, it's at least a low bleed as it's bright bright red, and not somewhere in the upper GI tract, but really?

Also, I can taste the metallic blood/whatever almost constantly, so I keep brushing my teeth.

Dear body,
PULL IT TOGETHER!

Yes, I will be calling for an appointment first thing in the morning. Happily, other than being light-headed, I feel pretty good.... So now, I'm terrified, I have a scary health history and I need a good kick in the pants not to go hide somewhere pretending that since I feel ok, I'm peachy.

#3 ·
My small town has only an critical access er- which would be staffed enough to set up an IV, but not a whole lot more. I'm waiting for office in the next town to open this morning. In the meantime, I'm very much monitoring and providing as much self-care as I can. I'm less worried than I would be if I were in pain, but I admit it's terribly unsettling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.