HELP! Possible HFMD exposure to a 9 week old. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-20-2010, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, everyone. I need your expertise and advice.

My secretary was home sick with her daughter on Monday and Tuesday because her daughter had a fever, was vomiting and had diarrhea. She took her daughter to daycare and came to work this morning when she was telling me about little pimples around her daughters mouth. She thought she was teething and it was from the drool. I immediately put 2 and 2 together and realised her daughter probably had hand foot and mouth disease. Just then the daycare called and told her the same thing. My secretary never directly touched my 9 week old, EBF son, but she did hand my daughter (who will be 2 on Saturday) food and then KISSED HER ON HER WAY OUT!!!

So my question is, how at risk are my kids??? She was here on Friday and then at home Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues. Then she was here today and her daughter just developed the blisters around her mouth yesterday afternoon.

Her and her daughter just had the flu a couple weeks ago as well and we managed to not get that, thankfully. But now I am worried about this. Especially with my son.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#2 of 2 Old 10-20-2010, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so I talked to a health nurse and they have assured me that my kids won't get it from my secretary unless she, herself gets ill with it, which is highly, highly unlikely.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page