pain, discharge and red swollen penis in 3.5yo - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2010, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just getting my son ready for bed and we went into the bathroom and he complained that his penis hurt. I looked and it's really red and swollen. There is a sizable lump about halfway down on the right side and the redness goes all the way to the base. he said his pants hurt his penis all day but he was fine this morning. I think. He and his sister age 5 got dressed all by themselves this morning! They were so proud but so I didn't have the casual look I usually get in the morning. He was fine last night though. The discharge is kind of yellowish but there was a tinge of blood. It doesn't smell vile but it doesn't smell like a rose either kwim? I have him soaking in the tub right now. I really, really don't want to take him to the doctor but I'm not sure if it matches the threads I've searched on separation of the foreskin. I think I should wait it out a day or two but I'd still like to hear what you think. I just don't want to go through a circumcision tug of war with the doctor if I can avoid it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well when my ds started with his bacterial infection there was a swollen spot at first on the side then it progressed to the whole penis. What gave his away as an infection was the fact that the swelling progressed very quickly with redness and discharge.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List