light pink color in poop - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-11-2002, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
6-month-old DS had a light touch of pink in his poop this morning. It was the typical breast milk poop, but with a few spots of pink here and there. I especially noticed it on the wipe.

He has a bit of a diaper rash, but the rash does not appear to be bleeding. We just started giving him rice cereal a few days ago, although I'm sure he is not actually consuming much at all (he just loves playing in it, and being part of the eating family).

He got is first 2 teeth, also a few days ago. Last night when I was feeding him the rice cereal I noticed the same color pink on a few of the mouth fulls that he spit out. Blood from teething???

I know that such a light color of blood in stools is nothing to worry about in an adult, but what about an infant?

TIA. I feel so thankful for this Mothering website, by the way. I never have time to actually contribute very much, but I often "lurk". It is just nice to know that you are all there when I need you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-11-2002, 12:25 PM

has he eaten anything Red? Ds ate cranberry's once and his poop was bright red - we panicked and took the diaper to the doctor.

Anything with beat, cranberry, or red dye could cause it. If that isn't the case, then please check further into it.
#3 of 3 Old 05-12-2002, 01:36 PM

I have to add red paper to the list of possibilities.

On our first valentines, I held our 6 month old baby and made card for my partner. Well, the next day little red stuff came out. I freaked, then realized she must of grabbed some paper and ate it.
I imagine if you have older children, this can also be a real possibility.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page