Is this something I should show my midwive? suspicious sunspot near my labia. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh gosh I am not too comfortable discussing this, but anyway, I don't normally shave down there, but decided to a few weeks ago and I noticed that i have a freckle or sunspot that is about the size of a pencil top eraser, it is red/pink on the inside and brown on the outer edges, i have kind of noticed the pinkness despite my hair but never really thought much of it until I shaved and saw that is multicolored. I have shaved before in the past, just not often and not recently, and it has not always been there, I think i noticed the pinkness at least a year ago, but haven't fully shaved to see it well until recently. I also have small freckles near it and I was often naked in the summer as a baby so I do know that this area has had sun exposure. I am very pale skinned, I don't want to think it is cancer, but should I show it to my midwife? I go in for the babies anatomy scan tomorrow and this has been in the back of my mind worrying me.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#2 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 01:08 PM

I would tell her about it.  It's probably harmless, and it will set your mind at ease.  If it's not harmless, better to do something about it now.  I'm assuming your midwife is someone you trust.

#3 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 01:09 PM

I'd get it checked out right away, by a derm, if possible.

I hope it turns out to be nothing! smile.gif

alsoSarah

I just happen to like apples, and I am not afraid of snakes. ~Ani d.
These dolls and toys confuse me so; Confound it all, I love it, though!~J. Skellington
#4 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

thanks i will definitely bring it up tomorrow and see if they do biosopies at the ob/gyn office or not, I have had a mole biopsied before but it was at a general md, not a dermotolgist either, so not sure if they will do that at the ob/gyn/midwife office or not.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page