Went to a CP party - when will my son come down with it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My son is almost four and we haven't vaxed at all.  My friend with an almost 1-year-old called me and told me that her daughter had the chicken pox.  I went over there and had her daughter chew on and take drinks out of my son's SIGG cup and then my son took a drink out of it.  So I feel like we "sealed the deal"!  When will my son most likely come down with it?  I heard there is a 21-day incubation period, so I guess it could be anytime within the next 21 days, but does it normally come on faster?  I feel like little kids metabolize and process things so quickly that it could be almost immediate, but I really have no idea.  I'm kind of trying to plan my schedule for around when I think he'll come down with it.  Any thoughts or BTDT would be helpful.  Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-28-2010, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

From what I remember when my girls had it, the soonest it usually appears is 9 days. Average is 2 weeks. It took 19 and 21 days for my girls to get it, I was convinced they weren't going to, but they finally did. 

maciascl likes this.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 6 Old 11-28-2010, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I did this with all my kids and not one single one of them ever got it. And we've done this twice. Sharing lollipops, shirts, popsicles. None of it worked and one of the kids had chicken pox inside of her mouth. A few kids I know got it approx 3 weeks after exposure.

#4 of 6 Old 11-28-2010, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We exposed our kids (3.5 and 1 at the time) on a Saturday pretty casually.  My 3.5 yo had 10 days later.  My little guy got it 2 weeks after that - so Miss K had it baaad, then there was a week in between and then Mr. C got it.

#5 of 6 Old 11-28-2010, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

When I did this with my older 3 back at the beginning of this year it took just a little over 2 weeks.  It was 16 days from the day of the pox party to the day the first pox appeared on my kids.  They first appeared that morning on DD1 and by that evening were appearing on DS1 and DD2 also.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#6 of 6 Old 11-30-2010, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the thoughts - it helps because DS isn't showing any signs of it and I keep thinking maybe it didn't work, but now I see that it doesn't happen immediately.  I wonder if he'll get it or not though.  Only time will tell :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page