sick and inconsolable toddler - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-09-2010, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

night before last ds (18 mo) started throwing up, and has maybe 15 times since. I've only given him breastmilk. He doesn't seem dehydrated (tears, wet dipes, plenty of saliva) He's had a fever most the time. Last night he seemed better, didn't feel feverish and was up playing and in a great mood! But this morning.. ugh.. pretty much all morning has had collectively 10 minutes tops of not crying. And he won't nurse :( He is so miserable. Its the refusing to nurse that concerns me most because yesterday he would barely let go! It was his comfort. Ironically, he has a wbv scheduled for exactly 24 hours from now. I'm wondering.. should I try and get him in today, or just stick with tomorrow's appt?

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Gosh I don't really have any answers but I didn't see any replies and wanted to send some hugs.  

How did your son's day turn out ?  Did he start nursing again?  or did he go to the doctor?  

I am going through a very bad virus with my 2 y/o DS right now and it is SOOOO frustrating and sad.  And I hate questioning myself "should I go the dr, should I wait?" etc.  I sure wish they could just tell us what was wrong  !  :( 

#3 of 3 Old 12-10-2010, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Yesterday morning (when I posted) was just particularly bad.. after a little bit he settled into "normal" (I mean.. sick normal) So we stuck to today's "well" (ha) visit. I have another thread for that..

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page