Food Elimination Diet for 1 year??? for my 2 1/2 year old DD. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2010, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so my 2 year old daughter has been on lots of medications when she was about 7-11 months and basically it has broken down her immune system. at 12 months i took her to a natural doctor. they showed me a whole new way of living and diet for her/us. she is now about 2 1/2, we had gotten her blood drawn 2 weeks ago for food allergies and just recieved the results yesterday. she has 24 food allergies, mainly to everything that she eats. just to name a few are Egg, Wheat, Dairy, green beans, tomato, rice, cantaloupe, pineapple, almonds, peach, soy, breweres and bakers yeast. they want me to rotate her diet every 4 days. i have started this mornning or trying and am at a loss... on top of all this she is a picky eater. hasnt eaten anything yet and i guess i am looking for some answers to anyone who's done this with there child before. if so was it for a year like me? also i have my husband barking down my back asking for a second opinon and making me wonder what happens to all the other kids out there who is like my daughter but has no idea of the food allergies. she wasnt showing any physical signs of being allergic. i am so confused and in shock and have no idea what to make her to eat. please help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Obviously there were some symptoms (physical signs), or you wouldn't have had her tested, right? You  mentioned her being on several medications so maybe more info would be helpful. Was it an allergy test (skin or RAST) or an intolerance test (who by). If you post this in the allergy forum, you'll probably get a better response. I have two kids who got ALCAT food intolerance test 2.5 years ago and turned up intolerances to 20-40 foods, and we got the rotation diet to go with it. It's very difficult at first, but much easier as time goes by. Are you still BFing? If you have a list of safe foods and which foods rotate on which days, I can help you figure out meal ideas... And the good news is that the difference was night/day in my kids (sleeping through the night, no more tantrums, their seasonal allergies disappeared as well, etc.).

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)

User Tag List