Natural Remedies for Infant Yeast Infections - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-14-2010, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're going to the Dr next week for a regular checkup so I don't really want to have to go in before then and would like to try some at home remedies first.  DD has what appears to be a yeast infection in one armpit and in her neck folds.  She's been prone to the armpit problems for a while and if it starts looking a little red I put Earth Mama Angel Baby in the area (has tea tree in it) and that usually clears it right up, but this time it's gotten worse and is spreading.  The spot in her neck folds came on suddenly due to lack of airing out and increased drooling.  

What can we try to help with this?  So far I've made a paste out of the contents of an acidopholis capsule (with water) and applied that and left it (she's napping now).  I'm a little concerned about the paste making it worse though since it's keeping the area even more moist.  Do you think it would stay on without the water?  Is there something else I can try?  I want my poor baby girl to be feeling better.  I think the armpit is starting to cause her pain/discomfort.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Try calendula cream.  It is a natural antifungal and very safe for baby.

User Tag List