Parenting chronically ill children support thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 12-23-2010, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello! I was just wondering if there's a support thread for parents of children with chronic illnesses? My youngest son doesn't have a formal diagnosis yet (except for "presumed allergies" to several foods) but he's sick all the time and I'm having a really hard time with it right now. I'm very upset that he might miss spending Christmas with his grandparents because he's sick *again*. :( I just don't know what to do, I want him to be healthy and to do all the things his siblings do but he keeps missing out because he's always getting sick with something or other. Right now I'm waiting for the doctor's office to call back, I think he's got bronchitis. Last weekend he was hospitalized (for the fifth time since he was nine months old) with vomiting and dehydration. He gets better from one thing and comes down with another and I feel so useless, there seems to be no preventing it. :( I don't know what to do anymore but I'd like ot talk with other parents who are dealing with similar issues.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page