Baby Acne???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2011, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, my daughter is almost a month old & has really bad acne going on., well I think that's what it is. Is really red looking with alot of white heads on the bumps. The acne is all over her face, back, head, & now on her stomach.. I am breast-feeding but am considering switching to a formula. Any advice??? Thanks innocent.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 09:31 AM

My dd's baby acne turned into eczema. She is gluten, dairy, soy, and egg intolerant so I had to eliminate those things from my diet while nursing her. I wouldn't give formula - they are based on proteins that are the top food allergens.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
Old 01-03-2011, 05:18 PM

When did it start and was it all of a sudden? Do they itch or bother her? Usually skin reactions are allergy, like PP stated. I'd start off with trying to eliminate wheat and dairy (out of your diet) and see where that puts you. If not you can do allergy/sensitivity testing to know for sure.

Kimberly DH of 8 years DS 08/2002 DS 04/2005 DD 11/2007
Holistic consultations, supplements, herbs, flower essences www.IllinoisNaturopathy.com

Tags
Health Healing , Skin Care
User Tag List