Short term hives and now peeling skin? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2011, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 6 year old dd developed some really nasty looking white welts last night on various parts of her arms and face.  They were really itchy so we rubbed some benedryl lotion on them and they disappeared quite quickly. They kept coming back in weird places most of the night, like on a few of her fingers, in the crook of her arm, on the back of her shoulder, on her neck.  I finally gave her a dose of children's benedryl as she was miserable and it seemed to take care of the problem.

Now this morning, her skin is peeling where ever she had the welts.  And it isn't because she itched off the skin or anything, it just looks like the peeling that happens when you have a sunburn of some type.

Any thoughts?  She hadn't had any unusual foods, detergents, etc.  It started shortly before dinnertime (around 5ish) and lasted until 2 am ish.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2011, 12:18 PM

Does she show any signs of a virus?  Hives commonly appear with virus onset in some children.  It's always my first clue that my sister is getting sick (she's 10). 

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
Old 01-02-2011, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Nope, no virus.  But that was a good thought. 

I had her take a baking soda bath and the peeling skin went away.  Guess it is just another one of those mysterious childhood things.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:01 AM

was it the benadryl lotion peeling off ?  that happens to me if I put too much on, I have chronic hives.....

Living Simply and Enjoying Life

Tags
Skin Care , Health Healing
User Tag List