Mothering Forum banner

tremors

378 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ikesmom 
#1 ·
I have always had some form of shakiness since I was a kid. I tried to ignore it for the most part which was easy since it was mainly in my hands. My mother said my father had the same problem with shaking hands so I figured it was an Essential Tremor. There was a time in my mid-twenties when it was extra bothersome at work (hairstylist) so I did self help things like yoga, no coffee, and surrounding myself with positive people and activities. I was going through a divorce and expecting my 1st child at that time.

Recently I have started having a really bad time with shaking again , but its both hands and my head. I had a stressful experience at work right after 2 nights of little sleep for New Years gatherings. It was so bad that I even had a hard time talking. Three people took notice and came over to me right away. A random guy yelled "hey is this girl on drugs?" and I started to panic after that because I couldn't control it. After this experience I am thinking I better make an appointment with a neurologist and see what they suggest. I have also had a headache the past two mornings when I wake up.

Has anyone any experience or suggestions? I am nervous to take any kind of medicines , but I don't want to go through that again at work which is a highly social atmosphere and very fast paced.

TIA

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.