Spin-off: Bra-free Support thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 100 Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm new to this thread and I'm completely surprised there are others like me out there!! I've always worn a bra even before I had breasts because my mother was (and still kinda is) very conservative. No headlights were allowed to show and I've always worn under wire. Even when pregnant I wore the tightest bra possible or even two sports bras to keep me from moving. Once I had DD 3 months ago my breasts/nipples hurt too much to even consider wearing a bra and I jumped from about a 34 C to a 36 DD in size. When my breastfeeding issues finally ended a couple weeks ago I tried to wear a bra and I'm honestly surprised I hated it. I've never gone a day or night without a bra and now I can't stand them because they physically hurt. I have noticed that I have lumpy breast tissue but after reading these threads I tried to find some two distinct lumps that I knew about but they are GONE! I can't believe I've changed this much... I am a little worried once summer gets here because my nipples are really showing since breastfeeding and never go "down" anymore. I'm a little embarrassed and my DH doesn't want me to leave the house without a bra but when I get home that thing comes right off!

Anyway, just felt excited to find others like me who aren't wearing bras and it's not a bad thing. I need to get a few camis for when I start back into the work force because I can't imagine trying to stuff myself into one every day for hours again.

Emelee married to J in 03/07. 12/10 our DD C was at 41.3 weeks, and 06/12 our fraternal DDs A and V were hospital birth at 41.1 weeks.
#92 of 100 Old 03-04-2011, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Emelee!

I'm never going back and I have worked through most of initial "issues". Give yourself and DH some time to adjust. I definitely think a variety of undergarments helped me become more comfortable going without a traditional bra. What exactly I wear depends on where I am going and who I'm going to be around. Last night we were out to dinner with dear friends at a local pizza place. My family walked there and back. I only had a t-shirt on (and a jacket for the walk, but not inside). I didn't even think about it.

Today, I taught art in my DD's classroom and I've been around a lot of people I don't know well today. I wore a thin t-shirt with a bralette underneath today. I felt very comfortable.

I've been massaging my breasts in the shower and I am noticing a difference in the way my breasts and underarms and surrounding area feels under the surface. Subtle shifts are happening! thumb.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#93 of 100 Old 03-20-2011, 08:14 AM

I have been wearing a thn sports bra, slight support and with being pregnant or nrsing I'm lke A-AA. Funny thing is when I go without I have pain within 1 hr.
#94 of 100 Old 03-20-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttarail View Post

I have been wearing a thn sports bra, slight support and with being pregnant or nrsing I'm lke A-AA. Funny thing is when I go without I have pain within 1 hr.

so did I.  It took about a week to be without discomfort-and by the end I was more comfortable than I'd ever been with or without a bra.  Still not wearing one!

#95 of 100 Old 03-23-2011, 05:07 AM

I have been bra free more and found some great camis and I have to admit the girls are higher and firmer looking. I went bra shopping the other day as I am not always bra free and found the only bras that were my size were in the teen section and did you ladies know that the ubderwire on those bras is wider -so no digging in. I do want to have a bra or two on hand since without one I look pretty much flat and just for my self esteem, and the fact that I look 16, I like to look there sometimes.
Wow I can't believe how much I share in this thread. Only on MDC...
#96 of 100 Old 03-27-2011, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Oh my goodness! I wore a "shaping" camisole today...not as tight as Spanx, but definitely meant to hold the torso in place (breasts had only one layer, while rest had two). We had a party here all afternoon and I got dressed fairly early today. I begged DH to help me out of that camisole as soon as the last guest left! LOL In the past, that camisole gave less support than my wireless bras and I considered it "freeing". Shows how far I've come. It is easily the most breast-restrictive garment I own NOW! It is getting shoved to the back of my drawer as soon as I wash it, too. LOL

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#97 of 100 Old 03-28-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

Oh my goodness! I wore a "shaping" camisole today...not as tight as Spanx, but definitely meant to hold the torso in place (breasts had only one layer, while rest had two). We had a party here all afternoon and I got dressed fairly early today. I begged DH to help me out of that camisole as soon as the last guest left! LOL In the past, that camisole gave less support than my wireless bras and I considered it "freeing". Shows how far I've come. It is easily the most breast-restrictive garment I own NOW! It is getting shoved to the back of my drawer as soon as I wash it, too. LOL

I know how you feel! I now can't stand even the tight t-shirts I wore before I was pregnant (and liked to show off a little figure) but I know DH is getting tired of seeing me in baggy/loose clothing. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying bra-fee, haha!

Emelee married to J in 03/07. 12/10 our DD C was at 41.3 weeks, and 06/12 our fraternal DDs A and V were hospital birth at 41.1 weeks.
#98 of 100 Old 03-28-2011, 03:11 PM

Is pregnancy a good time to go bra free? I am worried about getting the droopy breasts in all the national geographic type shows.
#99 of 100 Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

I wore a wire-free bra today (big fancy party). OH MY GOODNESS!!! Even the wireless bra was rather uncomfortable. I had suspected my rib cage had expanded and now I am sure of it. All this freedom and proper breathing is doing wonders for my body! love.gif

The biggest difference (for me) in wearing a "bra" of any kind and not is the position of my breasts horizontally NOT vertically, which really surprises me and everyone else I discuss it with. My breasts are naturally a bit further apart than how bra manufacturers make bras. After five hours of being shoved together, I feel the need to massage my breasts and ribs and the entire area!

#100 of 100 Old 04-08-2011, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Bump for the mama asking about wire-free options...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page