low libido while bf'ing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

since i had my baby in august my sex drive has been in "park."  lol (sort of)

this happened with my other babies, too.  it sucks.  my dh is getting bummed (though he says he understands).  i mean, don't get me wrong, he's being tended to but he wants me to have fun, too.

i haven't ovulated yet, i am bf'ing and i know those things combined can put your libido on pause.  but even so, i'm starting to feel a bit insecure.  any others out there experiencing this?  i do partake in herbal remedies (iykwim) and that helps a tad (used to totally put me in the mood) but these days not enough to "get me there."  

any suggestions? 

affirmations for my poor ego?

momma to my little red-headed son b/d 12/18/05 angel.gif fly angel fly!, to my rainbow girl 03/07heartbeat.gif, and to my second rainbow girl 08/10heartbeat.gif

#2 of 2 Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it is pretty normal, especially when you are bfing. Your body is trying to keep you from getting pregnant, natura; birth control! I didn't cycle until dd was 29 months! Prolactin opposes dopamine, which is a neurotransmitter that stimulates libido. Folate is important for dopamine production, so make sure you are getting enough (as in LOTS) of folate in your diet from things like greens and lentils and liver, and/or take a prenatal vitamin or B-Complex that has the 5-MTHF form of folate like Thorne Research.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page