How long to heal? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-18-2011, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 14 month old daughter caught the cold her father and I had.  She really began to show symptoms last Wednesday.  Additionally, we felt sure she was teething....night waking, biting her hand, etc.  She is teething:  1 upper molar has broken skin on the sides, white bumps on one bottom molar, and both molars on the right side are just beneath the blisters.

About Friday she quit taking any solids (not really alarming since she mainly just played with 10 grains of rice at a meal and ate 2 anyway, kwim?)  She ramped up the nursing though so again, no worries.  Sunday evening we took her to the urgent care clinic because the fever that was coming and going spiked, and I got a little worried.

Anyway, they diagnosed her with double ear infection and wrote a script for amoxycillin.  I started garlic oil that night and saw the chiropractor Monday afternoon who feels sure this will respond positively.  (There has been no ear pulling.  Just lots of attention to her mouth.  She won't chew on anything though.

Question is:  I'm new at all this natural healing stuff.  How long do you personally let things go before you resort to the antibiotic?

Today we started a regimen (combined suggestion of chiro and Shaklee person) of children's multivitamin, Nutriferon, xylitol, echinacea, and probiotics.  The fever is still coming and going, and she is really sleeping a lot more than normal.

We have a follow-up with the chiropractor tomorrow, but I realllly thought this would be all cleared up today.  eyesroll.gif  Of course, I have no logical reason for expecting it to be cleared up, I just WANT IT GONE!

Any advice?

TIA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page