bad gas, bloating, stomach gurgling/popping/kicking, flatulence, insomnia.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-20-2011, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

On Sunday I woke feeling terrible, and having those gross burps that seem to always mean vomiting will follow. I tried to stay laying down all day, as it made me feel a bit less like vomiting. I had diarrhea, and eventually I vomited a few times. Ever since then, I have had UNBELIEVABLE gas and bloating (I look like I did when I was about 20 weeks pregnant). At some points I feel like I could just pop like a baloon. My stomach and guts are constantly gurgling SO loudly. It is moving and popping and kicking around in there as if I'm carrying octuplets and they're all kicking the heck out of my insides (if I rest my hand on my abdomen, I can feel it, just like a baby moving/kicking. I can even see things moving from time to time. It is insane. I've got a LOT of flatulence as well, and burping, the same kind of gross burps that I would normally get prior to vomiting, but I haven't vomited since Sunday. I sortof have the feeling that things are just not moving down, if that makes sense, that things are sluggish. Perhaps unrelated, but since Sunday night I've had insomnia like never before.

I don't know if the original vomiting and diarrhea on Sunday was a stomach bug of some sort, or related to food. My 19 month old son had really runny poop (not quite diarrhea, but close) on Thursday-Friday, so perhaps it was some virus. On the other hand, I have mostly been avoiding dairy for several months, and on Satruday evening I had a piece of cake with cream cheese icing and a bit of Baily's irish cream liquor (but I eat pizza ocassionally, and even ice cream, and I've never reacted before?)

What can this be, and what can I do about it? Any ideas at all? I wasn't worried before- I figured it was just some lingering symptoms from Sunday's illness, but it is not going away, not diminishing at all. If anything, things are getting worse. Any input you can give me is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page