ds2 pulled the teabag out of my chai tea (it was lukewarm at best no sweetner or milk) he started to suck on it before I tool it away. The tea from the bag dribbled down his chest. A while later I noticed where the tea had dribbled he now had red slightly raised skin. Almost like he had been scratched. he chest and a bit of neck is the most noticeable there's a slight redness on his chin. I washed him down but I'm still waiting for it to fade (didn't happen that long ago). I'm just wondering if this is a sign of his skin just being sensitive to the strong spices or a sign of allergy. Thoughts?
In good chai masala, there are cloves and pepper which would cause irritation to most people's skin. It could be that your son is just a little bit more sensitive to those.
There are also more 'exotic' spices- nutmeg, cardomom, etc that he may not come into contact with on a regular basis.
Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdad and mom to DS 24 months, and DD 8 months! .
Thanks. I was thinking it was probably skin irritation due to the strong spices but thought i'd take a look online which all said red welts where a sign of allergy so then i started wondering if irritation on his skin was a sign he shouldn't drink it. sometimes your better off not google-ing!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)