Pulled rib muscle? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2011, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I've had this intense back pain that wraps around my ribs for about a month now. The chiropractor did not help, yoga helps for a little while but I still go to bed in pain and the pain seems worse, not better, compared to a month ago. I can't really go to a doctor because of my stupid insurance issue. I can try but it may be quite awhile. From what I've read, it sounds like a pulled rib muscle. No idea how I did it, but it fits all the symptoms and location. What can I do about this? I tried a binder to wrap my ribs but it was a belly binder and both inconvenient and not good for the location. I've tried heat and cold and they help for a few minutes but I just want to be able to hold my baby and get out of bed without pain!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Are you sure it's not pain in your kidneys? Just asking. As it could be a UTI that's gone up. That's around the lower portion of the ribs. If it is a pulled muscle, it seems like there's not much you can do that you're not already doing (heat, ice, chiropractor, resting it). And give it a chance to heal. Have you tried Advil or tylenol or anything for the pain at night?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 01-29-2011, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I've had kidney infections before-this is too far up and I have no other UTI symptoms. I've tried tylenol but really hate taking anything while breastfeeding. Thanks for responding!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

User Tag List