threelac instead of or with TF like kefir, ferments, etc? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm confused. I've had threelac recommended to me (then read about syntol. Considering, but it costs twice the $ of threelac) for candidiasis, which I obviously have. I have questions to puzzle this out:

1. threelac and ferments both contain probiotics that eat yeast, right?

2. So then would "free" ferments be good enough, or does one boost/speed the activity by adding threelac, too?

3. I have amalgams and I'm ebfing. On a separate thread from the first recommendation I was advised to slow down my yeast-killing (on ferments only) because of the mercury in me and the nursling. So, would I even consider something like threelac for me, or only for the kids? If not, could I add it after dd is 1 or so, or done nursing, or should I wait until all of my amalgam is removed (probably 10 or more years from now), because it won't help w/the mercury there anyway?

I feel like I'm missing something...

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

#2 of 5 Old 02-06-2011, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

bump.gif

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

#3 of 5 Old 02-06-2011, 03:12 PM

I'm no expert but I don't think I'd use threelac with a younger nursling, or maybe with any nursling at all considering the amalgams.  It would likely cause way too much detox way too quickly.  And go super slow and easy with ferments and dietary changes as well.  I understand the impulse to jump in there with the big guns, but you probably want to do a nice balancing act right now, consuming ferments and probiotics regularly but not overdoing it.  You really don't want to start dumping toxins right now.  

#4 of 5 Old 02-07-2011, 05:37 AM

I did use threelac while nursing.  I also did a lot of things to support the detox that I knew I'd be going through.  I feel like it was a good move for us.  I did have a good support team at the time though, which makes a difference.  They knew what to look for and how to help if things became overwhelming.

In this instance I'm a HUGE fan of clay, homeopathy and nutritional support.

#5 of 5 Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

In this instance I'm a HUGE fan of clay, homeopathy and nutritional support.

I'm using all 3, mostly at your suggestions. Biotin, Glutathione, sodium ascorbate, epsom salt baths (and added it to my lotion!), TF, cell salts, and got the pascalite clay. I'm going faster with the enzymes, kefir, kombucha, ferments, etc than I was a month ago and not noticing any die-off. Yay! And I don't feel like I'm battling yeast anymore. No itching in the spots on my skin that were yeasty, no nipple thrush (well, occasional when dd is battling, but a little coconut oil clears it right up), even my digestion seems to be going great.

But dd is still battling the yeast. Thrush and diaper rash. She's still ebf (4 months), so I'm just giving her the baby (bifidus) probiotics 1x/day.

But, I'm wondering if I did try the threelac, is it even worth the money and possible detox into baby while I've still got amalgams, or should I just wait until I'm at least no longer nursing or until all my amalgams are removed to really attack it. Should I just manage symptoms for a few years more? Also, if all the ferments and things I've got going can do the job that threelac does, but maybe it takes longer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

They knew what to look for and how to help if things became overwhelming.

And what is that?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page