Could this be a sinus infection? And how do I treat one naturally? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2011, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD woke up Thursday with a cough which has gotten progressively more productive. Since then we've given her lots of echinacea and elderberry, loaded her up on water and tea and honey. The cough is no better and she's having trouble sleeping -  last night the cough caused her to vomit at bedtime but then she was able to sleep, though not soundly. And tonight she's complained of a headache specifically in her forehead (I asked her if the rest of her head hurt and she was very specific that only the area of her forehead hurt). I did a lot of massaging of her temples, forehead and even her nose and cheeks and she was out like a light once I did that. The Boiron's cough syrup we've been giving her seems to be doing the trick for sleep and making her day more enjoyable but she's still got the runny eyes and nose (all clear).

I'm all about letting her body ride it out and naturally defending itself but she's just so uncomfortable I want to be able to do more. From the research I've done, all signs point to a sinus infection (I'll be calling the pedi in the a.m.). Does anyone know of any good remedies for a sinus infection? I'm hoping to avoid any antibiotics. Thanks much!

User Tag List