16mo with flu symptoms for 5 days - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-09-2011, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 16mo has had a high fever (almost 103), dry cough, lethargy, irritability and has been refusing food/drink (he nurses like a champ still) - this is the fifth day.  His grandma has the flu (I'm pretty sure he got it from her) and she's been knocked out for a week, so this seems like a particular bad one.  Everywhere I read says if the fever continues past 3 or 4 days to call the pediatrician.  Since we're on the fifth day of this, should I go ahead and go to the doctor?  Anyone else had a younger toddler with a long flu illness or similar? 

I'm not so worried about dehydration because of all the nursing, but he's sleeping all the time but waking up every 15 minutes or so and crying.  He plays for a bit, but then gets too tired and wants to cuddle again.  Ahhhhhh...so worried :(

#2 of 3 Old 02-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Why don't you just call the doctor's office and see what they think?

#3 of 3 Old 02-15-2011, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Turns out he was sick all week.  We did finally call the ped last Friday and she diagnosed him with a virus and a bit of an ear infection and sent us back home to sleep more :)  He's all better now except for a snotty nose.  I hate when they're sick!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page