Natural Immune System Booster Resources? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2011, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone: 

Basically I'm just looking for ideas and/or sites where I can research natural immune system boosters.  I learned about a year ago that I have developed a weakened immune system due to Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency - oh the joys.  Basically my insurance refuses to pay for the daily injections of GH my body needs to function.  And I have been sick constantly since mid-2008 with everything from the average flu to UTI's (for the first time in my life), yeast infections and the most fun - quarterly MRSA infections.  We won't get into how irate I am that the insurance would rather pay to have me on anti-biotics for the rest of my life but not injections to keep it from happening.  *sigh*  Anyway, because I am tired of being sick and because I am just at my wit's end with this ridiculousness I am begging for help.  I am trying to get my house moved over to more natural/organic products, but when I'm constantly having to bleach towels, clothes, etc. - it's difficult.  Supplements, foods, detoxes whatever.  I just need to be pointed in the right direction and I know so many of you are way better at this than me.  I have been looking online but mostly I just run into the 'download this free e-book' sites, which I'm hardly inclined to do.  I do try to take Vitamin C on a regular basis and eat foods w/ it besides, I know I have a Vitamin D deficiency which I'm working on fixing as well.  I honestly just need a little direction about where to look for help or someone to share some knowledge with me.  TIA to anyone who replies. 

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 08:11 AM

Thea, wife to Daniel Homeschooling Momma to 4 beautiful, engergetic children.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:13 PM

From Women to Women, great article and ideas for

Foods and herbs for boosting immunity and respiratory health

We're almost through cold and flu season!

Old 03-03-2011, 03:45 PM

There is loads of good info on natural ways to improve the immune system here:

Natural Immune System Boosters

Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone!! 

I am doing the Vitamin C and D - and love garlic - so that's good news.  winky.gif

I very much appreciate these links.  Great info.  Thank you all!!

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 AM

Good - garlic is fantastic! And one of my favorite herbs for immunity is Olive Leaf it is wonderful for fighting off infections.

User Tag List