14 day period with 45 days in between - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-01-2011, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mama's!

I know I need to get to a GYN or midwife neither of which I have right now and that is why I have been putting it off.  DD is 2 1/2 and I have had my period back for 1 year so far.  She currently breastfeeds about three times a day (morning, nap, and bedtime).  

Before I was pregnant I was as regular as regular could be!  Now I am all over the place and very cranky to boot.  My period lasts 14 days and the time in between varies but it has been about 45 days.  I have been pretty ill recently with chronic pneumonia and have been on a lot of antibiotics.  My adrenal system was not functioning correctly and we tried natural remedies to get that jump started but that didn't work.  My family Dr. recently put me on Cortef.  That seemed to help with the adrenal fatigue as well as my periods not being 14 days but I had to stop it because of of other health concerns and now I'm back to 14 day periods and not having a clue when I'm going to get it.   

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on or what I can do to get things back on track? 

Thank you!

Married to my soul mate and totally devoted to DD (6/08) and enjoying our 2 cats and many fish. Wishing for a "green" house in the country where we can raise more children!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-01-2011, 08:05 PM

I usually turn to the Women to Women site for their menstruation info -- holistically based. Here are some articles that might help:

Irregular periods

Information on Menstruation

#3 of 3 Old 03-05-2011, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Subtlycrunchy for the info. I know I still have to get to the Dr. but the articles you posted were a comfort!   

Married to my soul mate and totally devoted to DD (6/08) and enjoying our 2 cats and many fish. Wishing for a "green" house in the country where we can raise more children!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page