Perineal Tear-- - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2011, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ouch!  mecry.gif

I have one and just started treating the small "flap" of skin with a piece of Nori.  Any other suggestions or anecdotal advice?

Any thoughts on how to avoid this?

I am 25months PP so this is not from a recent birth or anything. :)  I think that b/c I am still BF DS and haven't had a PPAF yet, maybe my hormonal state is making things a bit more irritated and delicate? 

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Comfrey leaf and root heal/bind tissue. How deep in is the tear? You could grind the herbs and make into a paste to put on the tear, or make/buy a salve with both in it. Sitz baths with those herbs would help too.

momma to DS9 ribbonjigsaw.gif, DD5 dust.gif, and the newest edition, DS born Jan 2011 hbac.gif
Old 03-03-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

danipoppins--thank you for the suggestion...I will look for the comfrey straight away. :)

I honestly don't know how deep the tear is.  It is on the lower bottom side and it looks like it's tissue that is supposed to adhere to other tissue and muscle but instead it is just flappin' away and stings like crazy.  I'd say the skin that is hanging is about 1/4 inch. 

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

Old 03-04-2011, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I asked how deep wondering if you could get to it with a salve or paste and it sounds like you can.

Considering you're so far out from the original injury it may not adhere back even with the herbs; you may have to see someone to have it stitched/repaired. I have a labia that was split during my recent birth. Due to swelling the OB on call when I transfered in from my homebirth could not repair it. My only option for repair at this point is to go back in and have it fixed because the wound itself has already healed and I just have a flappy labia that, like you, burns and is pretty darn uncomfortable at times.

The joys of vaginal birth smile.gif

momma to DS9 ribbonjigsaw.gif, DD5 dust.gif, and the newest edition, DS born Jan 2011 hbac.gif
Old 03-04-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

hug2.gif Thank you!

User Tag List