Peeling itchy nipples - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-03-2011, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Mamas. I am in a moment of panic and appreciate any feedback regarding my situation. My 3y old son is now only nursing to sleep and once early AM (10-20min total). This was somewhat instigated by me b/c over the last 3m his latch has been horrible, my milk is low, he is doing compressions that are painful and my nipples are red, raw, peeling, etc. Now, I did some online research and am completely stressed after reading about inflammatory breast cancer. I know/hope it is not likely for bilateral presentation that is exactly the same, but I am a mess. I emailed my local LC and will call my MW in the morning but I am really in a panic right now and would appreciate any advice.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-04-2011, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it is the rare exception that a woman gets through her breastfeeding phase w/o at least one bout of itchy, peeling nipples! See your HCP just to put your mind at ease, but meanwhile rest assured that this is really very common and try some organic coconut oil rubbed into nipples - worked for me!

Good luck, Mama.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page